User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our first 5th wheel had decals. At the 7 year mark it was faded and the decals were cracked. It looked like an old 5th wheel. Since we are long term fulltimers that travel constantly we opted for the full body paint on our new Momentum. The hope is that it will retain it's good looks for the life of the 5th wheel. From a maintenance/washing prospect it is easier.

We have had many positive comments on how it looks, lots of compliments, even other 5th wheelers honking and giving us thumbs up and mouthed WOW's. For us it was a long term investment.

The down side is that our mostly black paint job gets pretty hot when the sun is shining on it. Of course that becomes a plus when we are wintering at the ski resort. If we ever buy another 5th wheel I will probably just order stock, remove the decals, and have it custom painted. Don't know how much that would cost. But road dirt color would be my choice. Beige or grey, not to hot, not cold, hides the dirt.

And then there is the bug problem, more here.

In the end we are pleased with our investment and would buy it again.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ordered our 394M with FBP. Do not regret it one bit. Looks sharp and in my experience way easier to keep clean, even with the dark colors.

The paint quality isn’t fabulous; for example they do not remove any fixtures (door handles, lights, etc), but rather mask. I’d expect better.

Not sold on the ceramic protectants, but that’s another topic altogether.

I wax it once a year with a quality wax and when I wash it I NEVER dry it... just air dry. To do that you’ll need a deionizer, well worth it as it cuts down the time considerably.

As others have said, it just looks sharp. And who knows, when it’s time to sell, it might be more appealing than a non painted one? Although I doubt I’ll get my full money back in the FBP option.

///chile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SW of ATL
    2018 F350 CC DRW
    2019 Momentum 394M

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the feedback, exactly what i was looking for. Still undecided but, 70-30 leaning toward the FBP, I have to check a couple of the body shops in the area and get a comp quote. $11K seems a bit steep. They do look great with the FBP though !

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Headin Out 2 View Post
    $11K seems a bit steep.
    Remember, the actual price you pay will be lowered by the discount you negotiate for the RV. If you get 25-30% off MSRP, you lower the price of the FBP by the same amount.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for the feedback, exactly what i was looking for. Still undecided but, 70-30 leaning toward the FBP, I have to check a couple of the body shops in the area and get a comp quote. $11K seems a bit steep. They do look great with the FBP though !
    I am in the process of having a 20x50x16 cover built to store our new 394m under. The west side is enclosed to the ground, east side is enclosed 8 feet down and my shop building will block any sun up to the eight feet. This is costing slightly less than the FBP and can be used for any RV we purchase in the future. I love the look of the FBP but I feel my money is better spent on the cover.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2019 Momentum 394M
    2019 Ram 3500 Limited

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 397 on order for a body shop owner.

He ordered FBP because he said he would never paint it for the selling price from factory.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I knew it was going to be my last 5er, I'd get the FBP.

If I knew I was maybe only keeping it for, oh, I dunno, 3-5 years, then no.

I agree with the comments that you likely won't make all your money back upon resale, but it would certainly be more attractive to potential buyers.

Mike
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got FBP because we liked the way it made the RV look. We also was planning on keeping the RV for a while and thought the painted version would hold up better then the non painted version. We got ours when they first started the FBP option and I think that was a mistake.

We have a lot of over spray and paint runs on our RV. We also have spots where the paint now is starting to peel and separate. An auto body place told us the separation was due to improper stopping and starting painting. I would recommend waxing it as soon as you get it and keep it waxed because if any type of marks get on the paint it is extremely hard to get off. I'm talking mainly about the streaks that come off the roof and run down the side of RV. We do use the wash and wax but that is not enough because it wears off to quick. Also about trying to keep this RV for a while is questionable because we keep having issue with it and won't know if it will hold up as long as we hoped. Grand Design is helping with some of the issues but not all of it.

With that all said we still like the FBP and would most likely get it again if the time comes to purchase another RV.
    Allen & Denise
    Ford F350 Lariat CC SRW SB 4x4 Diesel
    2018 Solitude 310GK R

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    We have a 397 on order for a body shop owner.

He ordered FBP because he said he would never paint it for the selling price from factory.
    strong testimony coming from a body shop owner that could paint for materials price only !

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good idea, but won't work for my situation, gonna be full time for two or three years, a considerable portion will be fairly mobile, no "home base".

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast