Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 390RK question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

390RK question

We currently have a 379 which works great for us, but storage is a issue. We like a lot of things on the 379 but have noticed a few things and would like current owners opinions please. First off the fridge door have they improved this that it will open all the way? I had to change suspension on my 379 because everything in rear got bounced around when traveling, with rear kitchen what have you 390 people experienced with ride back there? Is everything in order when you arrive? Last of all the main living area all on one light switch in control panel? I looked at one on a lot and that’s all i found. There should independent switch’s in my opinion. Any other concerns or issues? Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our fridge left door opens to 90 degrees and if we want to move shelves, it will have to be removed but I don't think that will be a big issue.
    SWMBO wants to put everything in the floor on moving days, but just using rubbery shelf liner, my Keurig and toaster sit just fine on the left slide counter. When I've traveled alone, I simply move them forward as I worry more about panic or hard stops than any other forces. Her computer monitor rides face down on the same shelf liner on the breakfast bar.
    The four lights in the ceiling are operated from the main control panel. The two lights in the LR slides as well as the accent lights behind the TV are operated from switches in the shelf above the fireplace. Other than the work being "neat" underneath, my wonder is about the two to cabinets just inside the door. They are too high to be convenient. Tomorrow we are going to a home show and talk with a a guy that makes custom shelving and see if he has a possible solution. I'm thinking about something that will swing out at the bottom and come down to a convenient level. We love ours.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks it is a very interesting floor plan. I wish GD would just use switches beside lights and have both slides on there own. But doesn’t seem to be on there change list! Enjoy your new unit thanks

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sask 379 View Post
    Thanks it is a very interesting floor plan. I wish GD would just use switches beside lights and have both slides on there own. But doesn’t seem to be on there change list! Enjoy your new unit thanks
    You can make the slides work more independently by using the selector switch for the hydraulics.

You should have the same turn valve in your door side LP compartment.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After our "maiden voyage" with our 390RK, we found many broken dishes, cabinet doors opened, fridge door open and all contents jostled about. Not a pretty scene. It was a slight disappointment but not enough to make us regret our decision. After discussing this with other long time rv'ers, they all say, "well yeah! That's why many with the rear kitchen trade them in." We're NOT going to trade ours in, but now we can make accommodations for the rolling earthquake. So, since then, we have purchased many small plastic bins to put in the cabinets and fridge. And we secure the handles of the cabinets. And yes, we absolutely love the immense storage. I've been told, on this forum, that there is a "fix" for the left side fridge door. I haven't followed up with having it fixed yet, but will this spring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I should have been clearer on that statement. Slides can be pulled in and out independently if you go out and turn hydraulic valves. I was referring to the lights in the slide, it would be nice if they were independent and had a switch that was user friendly. Just a personal thing really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our first trip in our 390rk had the same problem rode so rough had broken dishes,plates and glasses all over the floor.also had a water leak under the kitchen,think a tank or water line came off.. it is in the shop. When I asked GD THEY SAID THEY HAVE NOT HAD ANYONE COMPLAIN ABOUTMTHE RIDE.

Only have a mail drop - live in our Solitude
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just joined the forum but wanted to put my two cents in on the bouncing rear end of the 390rk. First, GD has a modification kit for the fridge door bottom half. It opens up now to my satisfaction. Put rubbery shelf liners in the cabinets over the sink bc dishes slid around while traveling. Things don’t slide now BUT I lost 3 glass bowls and a Corningware plate (aren’t those supposed to be indestructable?) I turrn the glass bowls upside down on the rubbery shelf liner; put a paper towel bt each bowl and have not had any more breakage. The roads in Louisiana and Colorado are to blame for 90% of our breakage. Getting new suspension at GD in Oct. Hope that solves some of the problem. However, we discovered that the undersink cabinet bottoms are only stapled on so they now are loose at the back. I expected them to support heavier items.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Two for the Road View Post
    I just joined the forum but wanted to put my two cents in on the bouncing rear end of the 390rk. First, GD has a modification kit for the fridge door bottom half. It opens up now to my satisfaction. Put rubbery shelf liners in the cabinets over the sink bc dishes slid around while traveling. Things don’t slide now BUT I lost 3 glass bowls and a Corningware plate (aren’t those supposed to be indestructable?) I turrn the glass bowls upside down on the rubbery shelf liner; put a paper towel bt each bowl and have not had any more breakage. The roads in Louisiana and Colorado are to blame for 90% of our breakage. Getting new suspension at GD in Oct. Hope that solves some of the problem. However, we discovered that the undersink cabinet bottoms are only stapled on so they now are loose at the back. I expected them to support heavier items.
    During my plumbing mods, I removed all three sink cabinet bottoms and then installed pieces of wood to completely support the bottoms of those cabinets since we planned on actually carrying more than packing peanuts in there.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target: