User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hercules tires

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hercules tires

We have a 2017, 375RES and are scheduled to do the MorRyde IS on March 30 in Grant's Pass, Oregon. We are also installing new tires that they recommended that are the Hercules H901, 235/85R16 tires. I understand that they are Cooper tires made in the US. They're rated G, 14 ply steel sides, 4400lbs @110psi.

Any thoughts or comments?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To the best of my knowledge Hercules tires are made in China. I have sold quite a few of these trailer tires with no complaints. I don't believe they are made by Cooper.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners
    RETIRED Maint Supervisor, Certified Welder, ASE Master Tech, Owner tire shop

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlinda View Post
    We have a 2017, 375RES and are scheduled to do the MorRyde IS on March 30 in Grant's Pass, Oregon. We are also installing new tires that they recommended that are the Hercules H901, 235/85R16 tires. I understand that they are Cooper tires made in the US. They're rated G, 14 ply steel sides, 4400lbs @110psi.

Any thoughts or comments?
    These are in the same class as the Sailun 637 and the Goodyear G series with all steel construction. Not sure of who makes them or country of origin but seems to be in good company with the other tires. They do give a 72 month protection policy and free replacement if worn less than 50% for defects in material and workmanship. Seems like a good option to me but too heavy for what I would need on my 297RSTS.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, Hercules tires are indeed made in the USA by Cooper. They are based in Findaly Ohio. I have been looking for a top notch replacement for the lamelake's I have been running that came with my 327m. These are what I am going with now. They seem to be highly recommended and I love to buy American.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About Hercules Tire & Rubber Company
    The Hercules Tire & Rubber Company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio, is a leading tire marketer of replacement tires in the USA, Canada and globally in more than 90 countries. Hercules offers an extensive selection in passenger, UHP, light truck, medium truck, trailer, off-the-road, industrial and specialty tires manufactured by its worldwide supplier network. Hercules has developed a strong reputation among its customers for its broad range of quality products, making the Hercules brand and its associate brands some of the most sought-after proprietary brands in the industry. In addition, Hercules distributes over 20 leading national branded tire programs, and collectively offers over 10,000 skus. Hercules operates regional wholesale warehouses in California, Texas, Illinois, Ohio, Florida, Oregon, Ontario, and New Brunswick, under the name TDW (Tire Dealer’s Warehouse) or Hercules Tire Canada. Hercules operates on an international basis from warehouses in the USA, Canada and China under the name Hercules Tire International.

My tire distributor site is down for maintenance right now, so I couldn't check country of origin for my Hercules trailer tires. I would love it if they were made in the USA, but chances are most of them are from China. I haven't sold any in a few months, but I will check. Lately I have sold a lot of Carlisle HD trailer tires and they too are made in China. Sometimes tires are made in multiple locations and until I have them in my hands, I don't know where they came from. I have sold Nitto and Toyo that were made in the USA and also made in Japan, no rhyme or reason. I have also sold Goodyear made in South America.
    2023 GMC 3500HD CCLB DRW Duramax L5P, Banks Derringer/Idash/CAI 60 gallon fuel transfer tank
    2018 Solitude 310GK with Kodiak disc brakes 4000 lb Dexter springs, frame stiffeners

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to my tire distributor, Hercules trailer tires are made in Thailand. Now, I only checked on one size, but I have seen other posts that other people also say the 901's are made in Thailand too. To be honest, I haven't had any issues with any all steel commercial trailer tires. What is strange though is that some of the sizes are a little out of whack on these commercial trailer tires. A few months ago I sold a set of Carlisle All Steel radial trailer tires in 235/85R16 and the tread was very wide compared to normal 235/85r16 tires and the tires had a lower profile too.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was incorrect in stating that the 901's were made in the USA. Thank you. It would almost appear that some tire manufacturers like to give the appearance of American made. I have heard good things about the 901's, S637's and especially the GY614RST. From what I understand the GY's are the only American made tire available for trailers. One thing is for sure, a guy can spend a lot of time on tire research haha!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Local tire dealer in Mn recomends the Hercules. He has mounted them on lots of dump trailers. I am interested in the hitch you have on your 310GK. I have the same truck (2019) and want to pull a RZR 900. How is your hitch attached to the frame, and existing bumper? I also have disc brakes.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I built my hitch using a piece of 4x4x1/4 wall tube steel welded to the frame of the trailer with some brackets I made. I welded a piece of receiver stock to the tube steel and also welded on some bars for safety chains. I am a certified welder and have been fabricating hitches for close to 40 years.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, and you feel the truck and 310 with an enclosed trailer is capable to comfortably tow all this? This is exactly what I have in mind to tow. I thought it might be too much without dual wheels and a long box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast