User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile PDI On New 2020 351M

Well our walk through went well yesterday. Thankfully very few items were caught. Happic-jack pins were bent and one could not be remover to lower the upper bed. Small pice of 6" trim bedroom upper cabinet ceiling. That's it.

It was pulling teeth to get our walk thru person to operate anything. I think they are instructed "if they don't ask don't offer". You could tell he didn't know much. It was a good thing I have read about this topic here, even down loaded a check list. I had a list of absolutes (and had to ask for most) to do's. Water system pressurized, hot water tank heats on LP, furnace operation and air flow (garage air flow is an after thought), all appliances work, slides in and out several times, awing(s) in and out, generator starts and load up, leveling system. And of course all the finish surfaces, windows, doors, shades, power outlets, lights. All in all I was impressed with general RV organization and what seemed like a well oil machine and helpful.

The biggest thing I walk away with is You Have To Ask. That's kinda easy for me but others may feel uncomfortable asking for stuff to work. Don't worry you can always bring it back to fix things LoL. Try not to take anything for granted.

Getting excited for the season to start. Not till April for us.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo420 View Post
    Well our walk through went well yesterday. Thankfully very few items were caught. Happic-jack pins were bent and one could not be remover to lower the upper bed. Small pice of 6" trim bedroom upper cabinet ceiling. That's it.

It was pulling teeth to get our walk thru person to operate anything. I think they are instructed "if they don't ask don't offer". You could tell he didn't know much. It was a good thing I have read about this topic here, even down loaded a check list. I had a list of absolutes (and had to ask for most) to do's. Water system pressurized, hot water tank heats on LP, furnace operation and air flow (garage air flow is an after thought), all appliances work, slides in and out several times, awing(s) in and out, generator starts and load up, leveling system. And of course all the finish surfaces, windows, doors, shades, power outlets, lights. All in all I was impressed with general RV organization and what seemed like a well oil machine and helpful.

The biggest thing I walk away with is You Have To Ask. That's kinda easy for me but others may feel uncomfortable asking for stuff to work. Don't worry you can always bring it back to fix things LoL. Try not to take anything for granted.

Getting excited for the season to start. Not till April for us.
    Excellent job, im getting ready to do mine this coming week on a 351M. Care to share your check list? I want every single thing running, water connected, all of it. figures several hours to complete. Any tips for odd things not usually thought of?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo1 View Post
    Excellent job, im getting ready to do mine this coming week on a 351M. Care to share your check list? I want every single thing running, water connected, all of it. figures several hours to complete. Any tips for odd things not usually thought of?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I have seen some PDI check lists in the past but would also love to see the version you used. Any chance you could make it a pdf file so it could be printed out?
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome idea on the checklist, if you have it in a pdf file I would love to see a copy. Our 351M will be here bu the middle of march and that would be so handy. I have been making me a list as I think of them but I know I am going to miss something.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is what I used and made some adjustments. A free resource from Changin' Gears (http://ChanginGears.com) Looked it up on the web. New camper, first 5'er, 40 nights planed so far for 2020 Season starts in May for me..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobbledot View Post
    Awesome idea on the checklist, if you have it in a pdf file I would love to see a copy. Our 351M will be here bu the middle of march and that would be so handy. I have been making me a list as I think of them but I know I am going to miss something.
    Here is the PDI we used. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PDI_V113_2.pdf 
Views:	33 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	25040 I did let our dealer know we were 1st time buyers and bringing an 11 page PDI list. Our dealers was great and we went through every aspect of our 5th wheel.

I brought a note pad, camera (cell phone) and a good mini flash light. Don't be afraid to get underneath and check were any drains come out through the coroplast for gaps in the foam. The gentleman who did out PDI demonstrated how things worked and then had me do it. Yep, every awning and slide out when in and out twice. We covered how to adjust the furnace burners, checked water levels in the battery, everything inside and out. Maybe a bit extreme but our PDI was darn near 8 hours inllcuidng a lunch break. That was almost three years ago and I have not had to return to the dealer once. Would I buy from Coachlight again...you bet.
    Last edited by GeoffnCheri; 02-25-2020 at 08:05 PM. Reason: added commentary
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired