User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem. The manual seems to indicate the stabilizers are weak, but really they should stop the roll without lifting the trailer. Seems to me the stabilizers are weak and flex themselves.I Feel it is because the pivot point for each leg is too close to the center-line of the trailer. Hope the blocks help....don't really want to buy screw jacks to load and unload each setup...space and weight are a premium.
    Retired Army Aviator - Wife, soon to be retired court reporter
    2020 297RSTS with dual batteries, looking at solar.
    2020 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 1500 (Yeah, it's small, but it's working
    Have dogs, will travel... Coonhound and yellow lab mix.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you post a picture of your solution?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbrunk21 View Post
    Could you post a picture of your solution?
    i don't have pictures, but it's easy. go to camping world and buy what they call "stack jacks." they cost $24 for two of them. they are made of aluminum and couldn't weigh more than two or three pounds. set them on a block of wood about 12" thick(nailed together 2x6's 6" long. set them right in front of the forward axle. it fixed 90% of my problem.

good luck
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS. Equalizer 1600 hitch. 2020 Chevrolet 2500 diesel short bed. Charley and Janis. Pets Zoie and Harley.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    I do notice bounce in our 297RSTS as well. Not any worse or any better than our previous Rockwood. I think this is pretty standard for a trailer with only stabilizer jacks that don't take weight off of the tires. One option that I have heard can help is if you put blocks under the stabilizer jacks so that you don't have to extend them very far. I have not tried that but have been thinking about trying it rather than extending them down really far.

Rob
    check out Sumo Springs , they seem a bit pricey but I think they could really help .

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeds View Post
    check out Sumo Springs , they seem a bit pricey but I think they could really help .
    I thought Sumo Springs were only for trucks? Not sure if they can be used on the trailer or how that would help with trailer bounce when setup for camping. Be interested in understanding.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob,
    They make them for RV's also. You might have to measure from the top of the leaf spring to the bottom of the frame rail . Just type in sumo springs & you will find out what is needed to buy
    a set that will fit your needs.
    Gary

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by charley patton View Post
    i don't have pictures, but it's easy. go to camping world and buy what they call "stack jacks." they cost $24 for two of them. they are made of aluminum and couldn't weigh more than two or three pounds. set them on a block of wood about 12" thick(nailed together 2x6's 6" long. set them right in front of the forward axle. it fixed 90% of my problem.

good luck
    So you just place them, one on each side of your trailer and jack it up to the frame in front of the first axel?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeds View Post
    Rob,
    They make them for RV's also. You might have to measure from the top of the leaf spring to the bottom of the frame rail . Just type in sumo springs & you will find out what is needed to buy
    a set that will fit your needs.
    Gary
    Thanks Gary,

Had a look at them on the net. Seems like it could be a good idea for many reasons, even towing stability by acting like a shock absorber as well. May need to think about this.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stabilizer Jacks

Quote Originally Posted by charley patton View Post
    my new trailer has much more floor bounce than my 303rls had. it's kinda annoying, but i admit i'm pretty heavy-footed when i walk.

has anyone been bothered by this to the point of doing something about it? i need some good ideas, maybe like a couple of bottle jacks to take the leaf springs out of the equation?

thanks
    I had same problem on my Jayco. Yes if you bring wooden 2x6 or 2x8 pads so the jacks don't extend as far it does make a world of difference. I am trading my Jayco Eagle in a week for GD 300RBTS and will be putting my pads under the new trailer.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look for Wayne stabilizers that are made out of aluminum and they have a ratchet strap at the bottom , They work really well And are easy to use , The guy that used to make them sold out to one of the big companies and they changed the name , I think it’s valterra folding stabilizers now and you can buy them from etrailer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast