User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Charley,
    I am looking at your equipment description and assuming you are traveling with the 297rsts. Your 2x6 blocks 8" long: is that 2'x6' feet you are referring to? I am sorry but I am not sure exactly what I would get in wood etc. Please excuse my ignorance. I just need further description on the 2x6 blocks and how the 8" long are done. I would love to utilize this technique every time we set up our 297rsts I just need some clarification on this unique solution. I would love a picture if possible on the blocks and a picture of the campco stackable jack on top of the wood platform. I am fine if you cannot provide pictures. This is a unique solution and I would love to be able to have my husband build the same solution. Terrific input and I personally appreciate you sharing it with us. I have a 2019 rsts, equalizer 1400 hitch, 2018 Ram 2500 gas short bed. Janice and Gus. Pets Sadie and Riley.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jabhoyt View Post
    Hi Charley,
    I am looking at your equipment description and assuming you are traveling with the 297rsts. Your 2x6 blocks 8" long: is that 2'x6' feet you are referring to? I am sorry but I am not sure exactly what I would get in wood etc. Please excuse my ignorance. I just need further description on the 2x6 blocks and how the 8" long are done. I would love to utilize this technique every time we set up our 297rsts I just need some clarification on this unique solution. I would love a picture if possible on the blocks and a picture of the campco stackable jack on top of the wood platform. I am fine if you cannot provide pictures. This is a unique solution and I would love to be able to have my husband build the same solution. Terrific input and I personally appreciate you sharing it with us. I have a 2019 rsts, equalizer 1400 hitch, 2018 Ram 2500 gas short bed. Janice and Gus. Pets Sadie and Riley.
    I think what Charley did was get a 2"x 6" piece of lumber that comes in different lengths and then cut that lumber into 8" lengths. If you get an 8' piece you can cut 12 pieces out of it. You then stack them to put the camco stackable jack on to stabilize the trailer. I will be cutting some of these up too so that I can use them under my stabilizer jacks.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SUnderwood View Post
    Look for Wayne stabilizers that are made out of aluminum and they have a ratchet strap at the bottom , They work really well And are easy to use , The guy that used to make them sold out to one of the big companies and they changed the name , I think it’s valterra folding stabilizers now and you can buy them from etrailer
    Amazon too. Got a set of two, but haven't tried them yet. As soon as this Covid thing is done.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone try the Valterra 020106 RV Stabilizer they get almost 5 stars on Amazon, I think I might buy a couple and try them. Just need to decide if I should put one under the stairs and one under the back or one on the back and one on the front

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-0201...2209376&sr=8-1
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reeldirtydawg View Post
    Anyone try the Valterra 020106 RV Stabilizer they get almost 5 stars on Amazon, I think I might buy a couple and try them. Just need to decide if I should put one under the stairs and one under the back or one on the back and one on the front

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-0201...2209376&sr=8-1
    I saw those and I didn't like having to stretch almost going under the rig to reach the ratchet.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calbar I just installed Sumo Springs on my 2019 297 RSTS. They did not take the bounce out of the trailer while setup. I installed them hoping to make the trailer bounce less on the road. We have lost 2 Tv's due to all the bad roads and vibration. We just installed a new mount for the Tv which will make it easy to remove and place on the bed for travel. We know it won't jump off the bed because that is where my laptop rides all the time. We also had the plate jump out of the microwave. That will not happen again because a piece of pool noodle now holds that in place. I can't report now on how the Sumos work out for travel because we are in place in Texas until late March or Early April. I will follow up with you after I get home if you would like.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    I saw those and I didn't like having to stretch almost going under the rig to reach the ratchet.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    I have to agree with the crouching underneath, but once in place they do make a difference. I have two one under stairs and one under the back.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by papermakermd View Post
    Calbar I just installed Sumo Springs on my 2019 297 RSTS. They did not take the bounce out of the trailer while setup. I installed them hoping to make the trailer bounce less on the road. We have lost 2 Tv's due to all the bad roads and vibration. We just installed a new mount for the Tv which will make it easy to remove and place on the bed for travel. We know it won't jump off the bed because that is where my laptop rides all the time. We also had the plate jump out of the microwave. That will not happen again because a piece of pool noodle now holds that in place. I can't report now on how the Sumos work out for travel because we are in place in Texas until late March or Early April. I will follow up with you after I get home if you would like.
    Thanks for the update. I have not lost a TV before. That would be a lot of bouncing to lose a TV. I also always put beach towels in the microwave for the glass plate. Noodle will work for sure too. I appreciate the updates. Help me decide if I need to go this route or not.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ordered 4 of the SumoSprings for my 2019 297 RSTS hoping they help with the bounce going down the road. I had all four springs replaced this last fall. Two cracked and two got flattened out. I installed the MorRyde SRE4000 when I 1st bought the trailer so can’t comment on how it traveled before they were installed. The ProPride takes the sway out but it does have bounce while driving the new tires did help. We did travel 20,000 miles last year on some pretty crappie roads. I hope the SumoSprings are the final mod to the trailer axles

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reeldirtydawg View Post
    I just ordered 4 of the SumoSprings for my 2019 297 RSTS hoping they help with the bounce going down the road. I had all four springs replaced this last fall. Two cracked and two got flattened out. I installed the MorRyde SRE4000 when I 1st bought the trailer so can’t comment on how it traveled before they were installed. The ProPride takes the sway out but it does have bounce while driving the new tires did help. We did travel 20,000 miles last year on some pretty crappie roads. I hope the SumoSprings are the final mod to the trailer axles
    Hi! reeldirtydawg I have been heading to South Texas the past 3 years and it seems all the roads down here are crappy. I have not done any other work to the suspension so I hope this does the trick. It surely has to help. I won't know until late March or early April when we start heading home.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast