User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the Sumo Springs ordered and installed on both axels. Installation was pretty straight forward did have to extend the gas lines with the hardware they provided. Have not taken the trailer out to test the ride but I can tell a difference in the trailer while parked

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part numbers

They sound like something I would be interested in. We plan on having our 300 RBTS for a long time so anything to help and save things for breaking I am in. Would you have a part number and where did you purchase. I hope Amazon being in Canada it is hard to get some things.

Thanks,
    Rob

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I contacted Gerrold Babb at Sumo Springs told him my RV info and he replied with part number ordered directly from them. His contact is [email protected]
    He recommended TS-107-40 rated for axels 3000-5200lbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocking Reflection Travel Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by charley patton View Post
    problem solved.

i nailed together six 2x6 blocks 8" long. i placed a campco stackable (or screw) jack on top of the wood platform and ran the jack up as tight as i could by hand to the chassis, right in front of the forward axle. literally, all the bounce is gone. i didn't have to mess with the factory stabilizers in terms of putting them on blocks. i used the wood blocks under the screw jacks, because they only extend to 17" and the chassis is 24" off the ground.
    We are new to the RV world and this forum! We are temporarily camping on my daughter's land before we venture out and are struggling with the bounce. Can you share a link to the jack that you used? So appreciate it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried a bunch of different ways to stabilize the trailer. I now use 4 of these Camco slide supports that I had a welding shop modify (narrowed the bracket) to fit tightly under the frame rails. I place 2 in front of the wheels, and 2 behind the wheels.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M19V9XG...roduct_details

It depends on what you are trying to achieve. In my case, these stabilizers almost completely eliminate the “bounce” from walking around the long trailer. However, they do nothing to combat “sway”, which is not really an issue for my trailer.

I don’t try to lift the trailer off the wheels with these, I just snug them up tightly under the frame rails after leveling. A bit of a PITA to reach under, but very effective at taking the suspension out of the picture.
    Last edited by classicrockguy; 12-02-2023 at 08:37 AM.
    Barry & Joanne & Maggie
    '22 Reflection 315rlts, dual A/C, ceramic tint, 370w solar, mattress upgrade
    '22 Ford F250 6.7 PSD, Lariat, FX4, HCTP, 10800# gvw, 2835# cargo, FS bags, integrated trailer tire P/T mon, Equalizer 14k

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last trip out we saw a guy with a TT a couple spots over that had installed a 3rd stab jack in front of his axles. That to me would be the easy way. It's always there and just needs to be cranked down like the others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried all the cheap fixes mentioned here and finally ordered a set of JT Strong Arm stabilizers from Amazon. Expensive, but they flat took out the bounce and wiggle in my trailer. I would buy another set in a minute if I needed them. Happy

https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-19102...c-7c68b6c26f63

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234