User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob+Kath View Post
    When we were shopping around for a trailer, I remember thinking "Wow, they actually vent the Micro outside". It seems we were looking at the very first ones.....
    Not sure I would like to use the convection with it vented internally, especially if I'm cooking.

I could not reach the vent outside without a ladder. I have never closed it or snapped it shut (Dealer never mentioned it). We just completed four days of continuous rain with some wind. No issues that I can see.
    When I had the Microwave unit down to insulate it, I looked at the vent. It seems that a driving rain, or driving in the rain, could cause water to intrude. Theory at this point as it is unclear how much force it would take.

No matter what, I would want the vent to be there.

Rob
    Before I had my dealer install a vent, my convection microwave blower would kick on before it would reach the set temp and it would take longer than I thought for the temp to rise. It would never reach the max temp of 425. After installation, the blower didn't kick on until it reached the set temp and it heated up twice as fast as before. So, from my experience I believe it's very important to vent to the outside.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    Before I had my dealer install a vent, my convection microwave blower would kick on before it would reach the set temp and it would take longer than I thought for the temp to rise. It would never reach the max temp of 425. After installation, the blower didn't kick on until it reached the set temp and it heated up twice as fast as before. So, from my experience I believe it's very important to vent to the outside.
    Interesting info on the heating up faster with the vent. My dealer just about refuses to give me an estimate for installing the vent.

We have used the convection oven once and it stunk up the Solitude. Maybe someday we will find a shop to install the vent. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a vent on my 2019 Momentum 351M. Broom handle easily pushs the little lock tabs open or shut to use it when set up. I do use the maxivent directly above the micro during the summer to help w heat in the rv

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    I think Grand Design "thought" that the vent for the convection & Microwave combo was not necessary in 2018's Solitude models. KEN
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo1 View Post
    Got a vent on my 2019 Momentum 351M. Broom handle easily pushs the little lock tabs open or shut to use it when set up. I do use the maxivent directly above the micro during the summer to help w heat in the rv

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I got the vent for the microwave / convection oven installed today. I heard thru the grapevine that Tillamook RV Repair in Tillamook, Oregon ( on the beautiful Oregon Coast ) does great work, is reasonably priced and has installed a vent for another fellow GD RV'er.

I was scheduled to be camping about 40 minutes south of Tillamook at Neskowin RV Resort, so I made an appointment for the vent installation.

Stumpy did a great job. I supplied the vent hood and helped a little bit. Fee was $180.00 for 1.25 hr labor. KEN

Last edited by orbiker; 09-15-2021 at 08:35 PM.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123