Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi folks!
    RV newbie's here. Just splurged and bought a new 310GK as our very first RV (that we own). It's still at the dealer getting a few walkdown things fixed.

Our factory weight sheet shows a similar side-side imbalance as JColeman's weight sheet above (kitchen side heavy). But the GD manual (towing section) says the weights should be equal on each side! We don't notice the rig tilted? As we are new to this, what do we need to worry about?

How much imbalance is "OK"?
    What happens if it's too much? Will the problem show up as imbalanced tire wear first, or some thing harder to see such as bearing/spring failure?
    What items are generally placed on the dinette side to balance weight? And how are these items strapped down?

Thanks for any help!

2020 Solitude 310GK (April 2019 build)
    2020 GMC 3500H Duramax DRW with 8' bed and BW Companion hitch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how did your PDI go? We are scheduled to pick up our 2930RL-R on the 13th. I have a 14 page checklist to go through for my PDI. I purchased a Reese Goosebox and hope all goes well. This is our first 5th wheel. We saw the 2930 at the Tampa show and loved the layout, etc... Safe travels!
    2020 Solitude 2930RL-R 2019 Ford F350 SRW SB 6.7L Powerstroke

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hubie1988 View Post
    So how did your PDI go? We are scheduled to pick up our 2930RL-R on the 13th. I have a 14 page checklist to go through for my PDI. I purchased a Reese Goosebox and hope all goes well. This is our first 5th wheel. We saw the 2930 at the Tampa show and loved the layout, etc... Safe travels!
    That is where we saw the 2930 and knew we wanted it... psi we had 11 item's 2 are waiting on parts for replacement... water heater not working on electric and frame and door on water closet
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We almost bought the 2930 a year ago February, really liked it but the 3350 fit our bill better and yes by its factory weight sheet it is 564# heavier on the street (left) side. I know you will really enjoy your new 2930, great unit!

Our 2019 3350 is a year old and has never been back to the dealers for repair. We did have a GD tech look at it at one of the Texas Rally's, the white rope lights in the space above the pantry (we use as a night light in the main coach) next to the ceiling started flickering, the tech replaced it but all he had was a blue colored string, we like it much better than the white.

For others reading - We really don't do much to counter balance weight left to right. We do usually carry a case of bottled water and all of that goes on the curb side under the table when traveling. Yes there will be more weight on the RV suspension on the street side but as long as the weight is within the limits of say the tire capacity we don't worry about it. Loaded for a 2-3 week trip and 1/3 full fresh water we smart weighed (they do it by wheel) it at the Livingston Escapee's and it was way under the limits, total weight was 13,750# on a 16,800 limit and the pin weight was 2,850#.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12