User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do I remove graffiti

Some dirtbag spray painted graffiti on the side of several RVs at my storage lot.

Does anyone have experience removing this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 994E3C40-6E44-4277-81C2-CDD44EFB6BC5.jpeg   3A5AFDAD-174A-4C3D-8906-221E67BDD157.jpeg  
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you spoken with your insurance agent? Given that it looks like the decals have been painted I would think you'll need new ones at a minimum. I would also ask the storage yard if they carry coverage for this type of damage.

I really feel sorry for you. I can't imagine how I'd feel if my 337RLS was tagged like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try Goo Gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TNFisher View Post
    Try Goo Gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Went to the storage lot tonight and saw this. I am going to the office in the AM as soon as they open. I saw at least 5 of the 14 RVs were tagged. I don't know when this happened. We dropped the trailer off there on 12/5 after a Thanksgiving trip and just went by to pick it up for a trip tomorrow.

Wife is really upset and wanted me to call police tonight. I'll wait to tomorrow after I visit the storage facility office and get their story the call police. It they knew and didn't call me I'll be really pissed.
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, the fine print in your rental contract will likely have a waiver of any responsibility. Your insurance should cover it provided there's no exception clause to off-property storage (yes, there are areas where this is excluded. That said, it will come off the gel coat. Let a pro do it if your insurance will cover. If not, a top-notch auto detailer who does professional paint correction can do it. If you're hamstrung by the insurance, I'd be happy to give you step-by-step. As for the decals hit, they'll need to be replaced. Even if the paint comes off, it's already caused a reaction that will have them bubbling and coming off in the near future.

Sorry this happened to you guys. So many have no respect for the property of others.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darn, that really stinks this happened to your rig. Don't know if this will work but you might try some WD40 on the paint.

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry this happened, may the fleas of a thousand camels nest in the crotch of the tagger.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update.

Stopped by the storage office today. The event occurred on 12/7 and they claim they attempted to notify me and the other 14 owners who had property spray painted. I looked at my call logs and they must have missed calling me.

So the paint is 7 weeks old. I have police report number. They were kids who left all kinds of fingerprints and good video on the security cameras. They jumped the 6 foot fence at 4:49 am Saturday morning and did the damage.

I’m going to try this Carnuba Wax trick first since it seems to be safe and the least aggressive on the gel coat
    Found this YouTube video. Ordered the wax on amazon last night and it should be here today.
    https://youtu.be/G5tJb_S-A6g

Wish me luck.
    Last edited by Jerryr; 01-27-2020 at 12:34 PM.
    Jerry & Linda

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Update.

Stopped by the storage office today. The event occurred on 12/7 and they claim they attempted to notify me and the other 14 owners who had property spray painted. I looked at my call logs and they must have missed calling me.

So the paint is 7 weeks old. I have police report number. They were kids who left all kinds of fingerprints and good video on the security cameras. They jumped the 6 foot fence at 4:49 am Saturday morning and did the damage.

I’m going to try this Carnuba Wax trick first since it seems to be safe and the least aggressive on the gel coat
    Found this YouTube video. Ordered the wax on amazon last night and it should be here today.
    https://youtu.be/G5tJb_S-A6g

Wish me luck.
    Watched the video and was impressed. That's good to know since carnuba wax won't damage the surface. Let us know if it works on the gelcoat.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    Watched the video and was impressed. That's good to know since carnuba wax won't damage the surface. Let us know if it works on the gelcoat.
    The carnuba wax didn’t work. After looking at several YouTube videos I bought some “Krud Kutter Graffiti remover” from local Home Depot. My wife and I worked on it for 2-1/2 hours and all spray paint has been removed. Not only that, but the vinyl decals survived! The Krud Kutter did not affect the decals.

I sprayed the Krud Kutter on, let it sit about 4 minutes and used microfiber towels to rub the spray paint which broke down the surface of the paint. Then After first application I sprayed more a Krud a Kutter on the paint again, let it sit for a few minutes and used a plastic credit card to scrape the paint off then finished with rubbing with clean microfiber towels. Finished off with the carnuba wax and all is good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F7E04999-5155-440F-9496-F4F4213EB959.jpeg   1FFA93EF-D7E7-4AD8-9219-9C31CB7837B9.jpeg   39BC1E3B-FF3C-473E-850F-42A0F331D49F.jpeg   24F8927A-627D-4614-BCB7-3350CEA17478.jpeg  
    Last edited by Jerryr; 01-28-2020 at 04:35 PM.
    Jerry & Linda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast