2018 GD 2800BH
    2005 Tundra, 2010 sequoia
    Wife & 2 kids

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry this happened to you but glad you were able to remove it.
    2013 Ram Cummins 3500
    2019 GD 303RLS-SOLD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand WD40 is also good for graffiti removal. I’m not sure what it will do to gel coat though.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sure am glad out figured out how to remove this..
    You absolutely can remove this kind of thing..
    You just need to know don't be chemically aggressive on the rigs paint or vinyl decals..
    Graffiti remover by a few different manufacturers is a great product..

Teddy

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    Some dirtbag spray painted graffiti on the side of several RVs at my storage lot.

Does anyone have experience removing this?
    WD40 and a soft cloth

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdetwiler View Post
    WD40 and a soft cloth
    If you read the whole thread, you'll find OP found a solution.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Sorry this happened, may the fleas of a thousand camels nest in the crotch of the tagger.
    Second that!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update:

At least 2 juveniles were caught. It seems they were on a spree to do damage and did damage at at least 10 different locations. In addition to the painting of the RVs they also tore electric boxes off some buildings etc.

I was notified by the Juvenile Justice system of 2 boys so far and the judge is looking for input from victims. We were invited to their court hearings.

If this was their first offense my input is to have them or the parents reimburse victims for damage, give them lots of community service and scare the crap out of them. Hopefully this will be a significant emotional event for them and change their value systems. If they are repeat offenders then throw the book at them.

I remember being a stupid teenager and doing things I’m not proud of.

We told the court to let the offenders know that my wife and I are elderly, 72 and 73 year olds, I’m a service connected disabled Vietnam war veteran and my wife is a chemotherapy patient. Perhaps this will create some real remorse.

One multicolor decal suffered some minor damage along the edge from the graffiti remover. Fortunately it’s available for about $7 plus shipping. I ordered it today.

Last edited by Jerryr; 02-24-2020 at 09:57 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “If this was their first offense my input is to have them or the parents reimburse victims for damage, give them lots of community service and scare the crap out of them. Hopefully this will be a significant emotional event for them and change their value systems. If they are repeat offenders then throw the book at them.”

Jerry and Linda,

Sorry this happened, really glad that the officials caught the children responsible for the damage. I hope that the court proceedings leave you with positive sentiments. Those of us who have worked (note the past tense) in the public sector for years have seen this all too often. There will probably be no sign of genuine remorse; perhaps, in the moment, crocodile tears. The simple fact that children were running the streets at the hour they were is clear indication that their caregivers can’t or won’t exert any influence over unlawful behaviors. Obviously, if they were tearing electrical supply boxes off buildings, their educational experiences have been sorely lacking as well.

One of the possible outcomes is that the whole situation gets tossed back to the public school which will hold a Nexus review of any “Individual Educational Plan”. This will determine if the behavior(s) are related to a disability. If yes, essentially, the school is seen as somewhat responsible for underserving the child (in essence, the child is deemed not at fault and the plan was not sufficient to avert/prevent these behaviors, and the plan is rewritten).

If no, the court may then proceed with the suggestions you’ve stated. In an efficient world, the paragraph above will have already happened before the court date.

Another tool the courts and schools have is to file a PINS petition (Person in Need of Supervision). This often happens when it is evident that parents/guardians/caregivers can no longer control a child.

In the ‘80s, a resource teacher and I both taught an adolescent male who was at times trying (work avoidance) and a delight (witty and amiable). Unfortunately, he pointed out to my fellow service provider that he didn’t really need school because he could get all the cash he needed selling drugs on the corner. Within 3 years of moving up from our building (K-6) he was shot dead on that street corner.

Again, I hope your court experience is positive. Please let us know how it goes.
    Nancy
    Last edited by Houndbb; 02-25-2020 at 07:27 AM.
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12