User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bug Banner looks interesting. We traveled all over the US in a motorhome and bugs on the front were always an issue. I just kept a good polymer based polish on the paint and found that wet dryer sheets and warm water easily removed the bug remains. Some fellow travelers claimed a product called Rejex worked very well. It was like a polymer coating.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Justa5th View Post
    I’ve seen this bug banner posted somewhere before (possibly here). I don’t know anything about it and not sure it wouldn’t cause more damage but is a similar idea like Saran Wrap.

https://buggbanner.com/
    And @Scousers

That looks like it would protect from bugs, protect the decals and possibly even protect the nose from stones/small debris. Thanks for the find and recommendations. We have a few blisters on our front decals, but only visible upon close inspection.
    N
    Bruce and Nancy
    2018 Imagine 2150rb
    2011 Silverado 1500 5.3L

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X2 on the wet dryer sheets
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After owning our GD for a little over a year I noticed several rock chips in the front of our 297RSTS, I have really good mud flaps on my truck so was pretty disappointing at how many chips I had. But living in the NW they use a lot of rocks for the winter roads so we always have some sort of gravel on the roads.

In anticipation of our 4 month AK trip this summer I wanted some additional protection so I took the RV to Line-X and had them paint the front. Cost was less than $500 and the included the front frame.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Line-X Front1.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	24611
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks really nice reeldirtydawg. I'm thinking of having mine done when I get home from the winter trip.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bugbanner

Quote Originally Posted by Justa5th View Post
    I’ve seen this bug banner posted somewhere before (possibly here). I don’t know anything about it and not sure it wouldn’t cause more damage but is a similar idea like Saran Wrap.

https://buggbanner.com/
    I bought a 2017 26RLS that had the bug banner already installed on it. It is easy to remove (without having to use a ladder or get on roof) and re-install. If I'm going to be at a campsite for a week or two, I'll take the bug banner off to display the clean and bug free front cap. Awesome. The previous owner replied it costs approx $350. Personally, I'm too cheap to buy one but I'll sure use a free one.
    Tim & Debra
    2015 RAM 3500, SRW, 4x4, 6.7, Air bags, 18k Demco Auto Slider
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 26RLS, 16" Goodyear Endurance Tires,

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X2 on that paint job .... Did they paint the Reflecton logo on as well ??

As far as front cap prep goes, I take a cup or more of Murphys Oil Soap ,
    dilute in gallon of water and apply to cap an hour before I depart.
    DO NOT RINSE OFF. You can see the oily film on cap.
    When you arrive, I ask CG permission to rinse off cap...
    NO PROBLEM usually told.... and the bugs usually wash right off plus oil protects against bug acids.
    An old timer showed me this years ago...cheap and effective !!

Michael

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been driving on the Gulf Coast for about 50 years. Best thing I have found for removing love bugs is using a dryer sheet, like Bounce. Wet the vehicle, wet the sheet, start rubbing. RINSE WELL!! Flip sheet over and use other side. Don't rub so hard that it leaves scratches. Just went thru worst love bug season I have ever seen, dryer sheets worked well. Elbow grease generally not needed except for really stubborn ones.
    Last edited by cajunfla; 02-01-2020 at 02:50 PM.
    2019 Imagine 2250RK
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT 1500, CrewCab, 5.3L, 2wd.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thor

I investigated the wrap option (not Saran Wrap, the professional stuff) for the basement wall, which gets a lot more stone chipping than the cap, in my opinion. It is an expensive option, but I think very effective. it was about $3000 Cdn for just the basement wall.

I did purchase the exterior wax package. It usually takes me 4 or 5 days each time I wax as my shoulder can only take so much action. Twice a year for 4 years, I thought having the dealer wax it was reasonable value.

Rich
    2019 310GK
    2016 GMC 3500 DENALI SRW DURAMAX

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I applied Paint Protection Film to the front basement wall on my Solitude 373FB. Super easy to apply since that wall is flat. Our unit had full body paint so I wanted to protect it from rock chips. Won't help with the front cap but it does help with rock chips on the lower portion.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073HDJ2F9...v_ov_lig_dp_it
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast