User Tag List

Thread: Washer drain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Washer drain

Does anyone have a washer/dryer in their Solitude? Where does the water drain?
    I have a 382wb and haven't used the washer yet, just researching about it. I see that some people have it where the plumbing bypasses the tanks direct to the drain. Closest answer I found on this forum is for the Momentum and theirs drains into the back black tank.
    I am just wondering how it works for my rig. Or if anyone has experience. Thank you.
    Jeff & Rachel
    2020 Solitude 382 wb
    2020 F-350 SRW
    Pueblo West Colorado

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jquillen View Post
    I have a 382wb and haven't used the washer yet, just researching about it. I see that some people have it where the plumbing bypasses the tanks direct to the drain. Closest answer I found on this forum is for the Momentum and theirs drains into the back black tank.
    I am just wondering how it works for my rig. Or if anyone has experience. Thank you.
    I have the Splendide w/d in my Solitude 375. My washer drains into the front grey tank which is also the tank for the shower and bathroom sink. It fills up the grey tank pretty quick if you do 2 or 3 loads back to back. If I'm on full hookups I just leave the front grey tank drain valve open while doing laundry, no biggie.
    Last edited by Txfivver; 01-27-2020 at 09:39 AM.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    I have the Splendid w/d in my Solitude 375. My washer drains into the front grey tank which is also the tank for the shower and bathroom sink. It fills up the grey tank pretty quick if you do 2 or 3 loads back to back. If I'm on full hookups I just leave the front grey tank drain valve open while doing laundry, no biggie.
    Same drain routing as well. I think this is common across all the floorplans with the W/D in a front bedroom with a mid bathroom.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jquillen View Post
    I do not know for certain, but I would expect all washers to empty into one of the holding tanks, not "direct to the drain". In general, I would expect the washer to empty into a grey tank, not black. That is how it is with our Solitude (310GK). With your rear bed/full bathroom layout I would strongly expect that is the case (washer to a grey tank). The only time I have heard of the washer emptying into a black tank is when there is just one tank for a small bathroom (ala some Momentum's) that collects toilet, sink and washer discharge.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours drains into the front gray tank. I leave ours open most of the time and close it ahead of draining black tank in order to have a good solid flush for the hose.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target: