User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Momentum 351M with request

I have been using 2500# as what I thought as the "average" cargo capacity of the 351M. Is that an accurate or reasonable figure to use? I know that actual will be based on what specific options are on, or excluded, from a specific model, but since I am ordering I get to choose that weight by selecting the options I want. My problem is I don't live near a big city with multiple dealers to go look at a bunch of anything to compare various builds. GD publishes the Momentum empty weight as an "average UMW 13,600#". I just don't know what average is. How is that average computed with WHAT options. I have looked at a bunch of ads on dealership web sites and it seems most order and stock with generators, HappyJac bed, patio system, extra TVs, and a couple other "popular options". Very few if any full body paint or dual pane windows on the lots. Based on math, 16,800 minus 13,600 gives 3200# cargo capacity which seems different from the 2500 I have heard is typical and also have repeated.

Here's where it makes a difference. I am considering dual pane windows, expensive yes and heavier 300#. But I like them. If I am realistically working off the 3200 figure I am comfortable subtracting 300, if the 2500, then I am concerned that's too much loss of CC. Help please with accurate information.

Hopefully some 351M owners can check the weight sticker on the side for the UMV of their RV. And if you can give me what options were included that would be helpful. Don't need every option, just those that have some significant weight like generator, bed or patio systems, extra air conditioners, etc. Heat pumps don't change much, king beds I'm told are offset by removal of the night stands. Thanks.
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chunker View Post
    I have been using 2500# as what I thought as the "average" cargo capacity of the 351M. Is that an accurate or reasonable figure to use? I know that actual will be based on what specific options are on, or excluded, from a specific model, but since I am ordering I get to choose that weight by selecting the options I want. My problem is I don't live near a big city with multiple dealers to go look at a bunch of anything to compare various builds. GD publishes the Momentum empty weight as an "average UMW 13,600#". I just don't know what average is. How is that average computed with WHAT options. I have looked at a bunch of ads on dealership web sites and it seems most order and stock with generators, HappyJac bed, patio system, extra TVs, and a couple other "popular options". Very few if any full body paint or dual pane windows on the lots. Based on math, 16,800 minus 13,600 gives 3200# cargo capacity which seems different from the 2500 I have heard is typical and also have repeated.

Here's where it makes a difference. I am considering dual pane windows, expensive yes and heavier 300#. But I like them. If I am realistically working off the 3200 figure I am comfortable subtracting 300, if the 2500, then I am concerned that's too much loss of CC. Help please with accurate information.

Hopefully some 351M owners can check the weight sticker on the side for the UMV of their RV. And if you can give me what options were included that would be helpful. Don't need every option, just those that have some significant weight like generator, bed or patio systems, extra air conditioners, etc. Heat pumps don't change much, king beds I'm told are offset by removal of the night stands. Thanks.
    If you find a unit advertised with some options you would like (gen, etc.), call the dealer and ask them to tell you the UVW off the sticker on that unit. Should just take a minute, of course they will need your phone number and have to call you back . As they say, let your fingers do the walking.

Just a thought

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2019 351m, CCC=2594 so then a UVW of 14,206. It has generator, 3 awnings, decals, 3 a/c, Happy Jack & Upper bed in garage, 3 season glass/screen doors, removable table in garage, patio rails, dual fuel tanks, king bed, Rockford Fosgate speaker system w/subwoofers, 3 TVs, single pane windows , portable table for sofa, and the sofa only in the kitchen. Hope this helps
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrick View Post
    2019 351m, CCC=2594 so then a UVW of 14,206. It has generator, 3 awnings, decals, 3 a/c, Happy Jack & Upper bed in garage, 3 season glass/screen doors, removable table in garage, patio rails, dual fuel tanks, king bed, Rockford Fosgate speaker system w/subwoofers, 3 TVs, single pane windows , portable table for sofa, and the sofa only in the kitchen. Hope this helps
    Thanks yes that is exactly what I was hoping for. I won't be ordering 3 TVs, the Rockford Fosgate, patio system or the tables or the third awning. The patio system with awning is around 100# and all the other stuff probably about that amount. Thanks
    Last edited by chunker; 01-27-2020 at 07:33 PM.
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    If you find a unit advertised with some options you would like (gen, etc.), call the dealer and ask them to tell you the UVW off the sticker on that unit. Should just take a minute, of course they will need your phone number and have to call you back . As they say, let your fingers do the walking.

Just a thought

Chris

I have on a few and that's where the 2500+- figure comes from. What's not clear is how GD arrived at that "average" weight for their published UVW. But that's still a good idea so I'll research examples that appear to be what I want and make some more inquiries.
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chunker View Post
    I have on a few and that's where the 2500+- figure comes from. What's not clear is how GD arrived at that "average" weight for their published UVW. But that's still a good idea so I'll research examples that appear to be what I want and make some more inquiries.
    They do weigh every unit as it comes off the production line, but I suspect the "average" configuration is "guided" by their marketing department towards the lighter end so they can list a higher CCC. Just my suspicion. That being said, I can tell you the numbers on our 2018 Solitude 310GK (Queen bed, no options) are pretty close;

Brochure UVW; 12,100#
    Factory weight; 12,286# From trailers factory weight sheet and matches "UVW" on DOT sticker
    Delivered weight; 12,600# Straight from dealer (CAT scales on the way home). Includes full(?) propane (2x40#), battery (50#) and 45.5 gallons fresh water (377#, drained and measured when I got unit home)
    Delivered weight; 12,223# Estimate without water but with propane & battery. Close, but 63# under "factory exit" weight
    Delivered weight; 12,093# Estimate without water, propane or battery. Very close to "Brochure UVW"

Note: When I say with or w/o propane I mean the actual propane. All weights include the tanks (~2x23# tare).

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 01-27-2020 at 12:34 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Setting Up Camp Dreamin’ Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    14048 was the UVW listed on the factory weight sheet I requested on the ‘19 351m I’m buying. So ask for the weight sticker to be emailed so you can be sure of ALL the numbers. 3 a/c’s, no dual pane, genny, 3 season.
    Duane, Mary Jo and Milo the Dog = Full Timers
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty ccsb, 4x4, 6.7 Lariat
    2019 GD Momentum 351M.
    2016 BMW R1200 GS toy hauler toy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very similar to tamrick........our 2019 351M came from the factory with a 2508 lb CCC. Same goodies on board as his.
    Scotty P
    2019 Momentum 351M
    2018 Dodge Dually