I thought I was so smart. I have closed my slides numerous times with debris on top of the slide toppers. The way they roll in it just naturally dumps the debris off, no problem right?

So today we are required to change site locations within the park, PITA.... but what can you do. Well it decided to winter storm us. Blowing wind, snow, just warm enough it's not real snow but some kind of freezing wet sleet icy snow cone wet cold stuff. I chipped the blown ice off of the slides, knowing that if I didn't it would drag the stuff inside and melt all over the floor. I'm not totally ignorant.

I looked at the slides and the toppers had just a bit of droop in them, but I figured when I started to slide the snow/ice accumulation would just roll outside of the slide toppers, nope.

The drooping became a collection point, as I slid in the heavy wet snow ice simply collapsed the slide topper and collected in a ridge that the slide was trying to crush. The ridge was dense enough it stopped the top of the slide from moving. Hopefully I haven't torn/ripped any of my slide toppers. Slides were definitely askew.

So I stopped sliding, put them back out, up on the roof, cleaned the toppers, then slid the slides normally.

Lesson learned... new rule, clean the snow/ice off the slide toppers before sliding.