User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    McKeeFamily

Hello from Southern Indiana! New 308BHTS owners and new to the forum!

Hey there! My name is Mark McKee. My wife Sara and I live South of Bloomington, Indiana just 8 miles from Lake Monroe. We have two beautiful children Our children Cole (7) and Kali (6).
    We purchased a 2015 Reflection 308BHTS on 10-28-14 and love it! We were only able to take it out for one night before having to winterize it...so it will be a long winter!
    This is our first RV. We looked at over 8 lots in 3 States starting at the beginning of this year. We couldn't decide between a bunkhouse or toy hauler...and TT or 5W. I did not want to trade-in my truck for a larger one (F150 Lariat with Ecoboost and only 26k miles) and we were picky about the look at quality of what we were seeing so we searched off and on here and there. After we found the Reflection bunkhouse TT online I researched it and all I could find was positive things. While staying in a rental TT at Lake Rudolph as a trial run (which the kids 'aced') I called and made the deposit over the phone and then did the paperwork and walkthrough in Indianapolis the next day on a 2015 308BHTS. It is #92 off the line.

The only problems so far from our 'shakedown' trip were: water leaking under shower wall (I added silicone) and factory screws were left inside the Furrion DVD player (I took them out). That is very good considering all the components on an RV! I did have to trim a foot off the 15' sewer hose to fit into the hose holder...no biggie.

The only upgrades I've done would be adding some pictures and a clock to the walls...and extending my driveway by 900SF! My son and I also ran a 8-3 wire for a 50AMP plug near the rear of the parking pad. I plan to purchase an AC cover and possibly tire covers. I am also interested in adding the Furrion back-up camera since it is pre-wired.

The only suggestions I have for Grand Design would be to offer a matching ladder for the bunkhouse and to change the features on the website that say 'heat ducts and AC vents in the bathroom' to just 'AC vent in the bathroom'. They could add that it is pre-wired for the back-up camera and that it has a 10V solar port available!

For 2015 we plan to travel within just a few hours from home but after that we want to go as far West as we can!

I have read the manual cover to cover two times...and have been reading this Forum for over a month. Everyone on here has a great attitude and seems to give great advice...and I hope to help continue that.

Thanks for reading,

- Mark

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new camper!

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Mark and family and congratulations on your new Reflection!

Steve

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the family!! You will do nothing but fall in love with your coach more day by day!!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

mandolin57
    Welcome Mark! Congrats on your new Reflection and welcome to the forum. Is Lake Monroe close to Bean Blossom Indiana? Beautiful area and great music!!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome to the family, McKees!
    Enjoy your new Reflection and make lots of memories with your little ones!
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

McKeeFamily
    Thanks for the warm welcome!
    mandolin57, Bean Blossom is around 30 minutes from Lake Monroe...which is the largest Lake in Indiana.

We had a brand new boat the Summer of 2012-2013 but sold it due to a possible decrease of income. I got promoted at the first of this year instead...so we started our hunt for an RV. We could only afford to look in them when I was a kid and my wife grew up camping in tents...so it is nice to spoil our kids a little bit. =)