Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Grand Design RV Boondockers - Facebook Group

Just an FYI
    We have a new Facebook group specifically designed for Grand Design owners who like to boondock (dry camp) or owners wanting to learn more about it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Gran...nRVBoondockers
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Just an FYI
    We have a new Facebook group specifically designed for Grand Design owners who like to boondock (dry camp) or owners wanting to learn more about it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Gran...nRVBoondockers
    Sadly, not everyone is on FB.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I haven't counted lately, but we very likely have surpassed 100 FB groups dealing with Grand Design. I've pretty much given up on them, and use this forum as my main entry into the subject. So much better organization for conversing about specific GD topics.....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    I haven't counted lately, but we very likely have surpassed 100 FB groups dealing with Grand Design. I've pretty much given up on them, and use this forum as my main entry into the subject. So much better organization for conversing about specific GD topics.....
    2X that.
    I don't do facebook, wife does and she can't keep up with all the pages. I am on both forums, but favor this one.
    JJ
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    Sadly, not everyone is on FB.
    Sadly, yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JUSTY SAY NO to FACEBOOK

HEY,

Can we NOT put such a group on FACEBOOK???

Facebook installs tracker cookies on every device that touches them. It can slow your device down, but worse, IT security folks joke that Facebook is spyware by design. Only it is no joke. When I worked for the Feds we realized that even if we blocked Facebook from our computers onsite, Facebook was tracking employees who had Facebook accounts at home, and could see that they were using our secured servers at home. Even if Facebook did not see what we were doing on our systems, Facebook creates a user profile with everyplace you go, including secured systems, via cookies that are hard for our users to permanently delete from their own PCs. Basically when you sign up for Facebook, you agree to allow cookies and other tracking software to tell them everything you go to. They can create quite a profile about you doing this. If you do any sensitive work on your device, you really do not want Facebook to also be on that device. .

Facebook does nothing for free, even though you don't pay for it. On the backend, Facebook is making a 5th wheel trailer load of cash every second selling your user data to the highest bidder.
    Doug, Patti and our puppy Leo are from upstate NY.
    Imagine 2019 XLS 18RBE
    2021 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My primary objection to FB groups are:
    1. The just plain bandwidth using posts: "We saw a rig traveling down Route 128 yesterday. Say "Hi" if it was you!" I get that new owners are excited about their choice, I was too. But.....
    2. The shear overwhelming amount wrong advice because posters did not read the original post. Happens here too, but over there it is a massive flood of it, and they feed off of each other!
    3. Near impossibility to search for a subject. It can be done, but it is so hard.
    4. The posts with an issue that requires a long solution to answer, or some back-and-forth for more details. Again, very hard to track or get back to.
    5. The shear numbers of non-specific posts "We're at the Waterfall Campground, it is the best in the world, come join us" - Where in the &*(^% world is this place? or "My Grand Design is broken, and we need someone to come fix it" - What model, what's broken, where are you???

All-in-all, it is just better on a forum, which is designed for the task and is not basically a random "chat" site that is being used for something it is not.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dadeo6472 View Post
    HEY,

Can we NOT put such a group on FACEBOOK???

Facebook installs tracker cookies on every device that touches them. It can slow your device down, but worse, IT security folks joke that Facebook is spyware by design. Only it is no joke. When I worked for the Feds we realized that even if we blocked Facebook from our computers onsite, Facebook was tracking employees who had Facebook accounts at home, and could see that they were using our secured servers at home. Even if Facebook did not see what we were doing on our systems, Facebook creates a user profile with everyplace you go, including secured systems, via cookies that are hard for our users to permanently delete from their own PCs. Basically when you sign up for Facebook, you agree to allow cookies and other tracking software to tell them everything you go to. They can create quite a profile about you doing this. If you do any sensitive work on your device, you really do not want Facebook to also be on that device. .

Facebook does nothing for free, even though you don't pay for it. On the backend, Facebook is making a 5th wheel trailer load of cash every second selling your user data to the highest bidder.
    Just keep wearing your foil hat and you’ll be fine.

Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 04-01-2020 at 03:02 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    My primary objection to FB groups are:
    1. The just plain bandwidth using posts: "We saw a rig traveling down Route 128 yesterday. Say "Hi" if it was you!" I get that new owners are excited about their choice, I was too. But.....
    2. The shear overwhelming amount wrong advice because posters did not read the original post. Happens here too, but over there it is a massive flood of it, and they feed off of each other!
    3. Near impossibility to search for a subject. It can be done, but it is so hard.
    4. The posts with an issue that requires a long solution to answer, or some back-and-forth for more details. Again, very hard to track or get back to.
    5. The shear numbers of non-specific posts "We're at the Waterfall Campground, it is the best in the world, come join us" - Where in the &*(^% world is this place? or "My Grand Design is broken, and we need someone to come fix it" - What model, what's broken, where are you???

All-in-all, it is just better on a forum, which is designed for the task and is not basically a random "chat" site that is being used for something it is not.
    Yea most Facebook groups are a bloated mess of misinformation.
    This is why I started my own, and setup rules to prevent them from being like all the other groups.
    Solar-powered Grand Design RV has almost 750 members that are all Grand Design owners.
    That group is almost a year old.
    Grand Design RV Boondockers is 4 months old with 300 members so far.
    The most knowledgeable members of this forum are already members of these two groups and 2 of the most influential are my moderators.

Be safe out there!

DMB aka Ed Morris

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joscelyne3 View Post
    2X that.
    I don't do facebook, wife does and she can't keep up with all the pages. I am on both forums, but favor this one.
    JJ
    Same here - and DW is also on facebook, with some of the same issues more or less. I rarely go to the other forum, but do once in a while.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast