User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need advice on springs possible replacemnt

Question about possible warranty issues. We purchased our 2019 2150RB last spring and have only taken it on a few local trips. It appears that some of our springs are looking flat. We are wanting to upgrade to MoRyde equalizer and don't really want the same springs that already failed once. Wondering if Grand design would allow us to upgrade and pay the difference in price or are they just going to be willing to replace exactly what was already on the unit. Do we have to take it to our dealer? Thought about doing it all ourselves anyway but hate to have to fund the whole thing if they would reimburse us for some of it since we shouldn't have to be replacing already.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to say. Springs aren't very expensive, the labour to change them probably costs more. I upgraded the springs on our rig but by choice, not because of a failure.
    Nick and Nancy
    Abbotsford BC
    2011 Ram 3500
    2015 Reflection 303RLs

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without dealer support you will probably get some push back from GD on the warranty issue. The first thing you need to do is go weigh your trailer at a truck stop. Then you will have physical evidence that you have not overloaded the trailer. CYA kind of thing. Then you will need photos of the springs, are they really flat? Thirdly (is that a word) you will probably end up talking to Lippert (if they are the manufacturer of the suspension system, could be Dexters) It all gets pretty easy if the dealer agrees there is a weakness in the system and that you didn't do anything out of the ordinary.

As for upgrading, if there is a question about it I would get the upgrade. I didn't upgrade my little TT that I used back in my weekend warrior days, but I upgraded both of my 5th wheel at my own expense. We travel a lot of miles over all kinds of roads, really good investment for me.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Springs will look flat in the center portion. It's from being short and having the U bolt plates cranked down. If they're still curved up at the ends then they're fine.
    Problem with some Imagines is they have really low CCC so chances are if you've loaded it heavy then you're maxed out.
    3500# axles have 1750# x 2 springs. Upping to 2000# x 2 springs would solve your problems.
    If you're handy then a good day and you should be all changed out.
    Like mentioned above it's best to weigh you TT and get the facts.