User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't they all get bounced around on the delivery trucks to the stores? Many have done the swap to residential tv's. Never heard anybody come back to report failure. ......
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Don't they all get bounced around on the delivery trucks to the stores? Many have done the swap to residential tv's. Never heard anybody come back to report failure. ......
    Don't forget the ship that sailed from China.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sbarlag View Post
    I'm basing my entry off of 1-Grand Design University training, 1-Grand Design Boot Camp Excelerated Training, 3-Jayco Masters Training, 2-Winnebago Factory Trainings, countless on-site Factory Rep training sessions, direct conversation with FURRION and TCL regarding RV TV use. LIVE YOUR VISION,,,NOT YOUR CIRCUMSTANCE
    I think you have imbibed too much of the marketing Kool-Aid. Neither TCL nor Furrion say anything about testing their TVs or appliances for RV or mobile use - nor do any other technical sources I can find. If you have documentation of the testing, please provide it.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm basing my entry off of 1-Grand Design University training, 1-Grand Design Boot Camp Excelerated Training, 3-Jayco Masters Training, 2-Winnebago Factory Trainings, countless on-site Factory Rep training sessions, direct conversation with FURRION and TCL regarding RV TV use. LIVE YOUR VISION,,,NOT YOUR CIRCUMSTANCE
    Scott,
    Most on here base their experiences on living in, using and towing their rigs across miles or roads and camping. Welcome to the forum, hope you become a site sponsor as it is always helpful to share what is being shared by the manufactures at their training sessions.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    With over 50 years experience with electronics (including building and repairing), I disagree. Any modern TV with surface-mount IC technology is more than up to the task of bouncing down the road. We replaced our TCL TV after less than two years because it failed. Our Samsung is still going strong three years later - and we are full-timers putting more than 15K miles a year on the rig.

Rob
    Our original TCL started acting up about a year old. The interior audio failed and we had to hook it up directly to the stereo. And then the TV started turning off intermittently, finally failing to turn on at all.

We've replaced it with a LG TV. We'll see how it lasts, we've had it about 6 months.

My husband did have to make adapter brackets to fasten it to the elevator, since they weren't a standard size on the elevator.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have to wait and see ... pick up new S Class 6 days ... always just use firestick on last 5ver ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A black Friday sale and about 3 hours of cypherin' and I got a new 43" Samsung smart TV. No more playing Hulu through my laptop to stream. I also found 40" TVs are few and that's where the quality and features go down. A 43" will fit with room to spare, in fact I just ordered a soundbar to tuck beneath.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...p/27392-New-TV
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife was disappointed that the TCL was not a smart TV.. but I cannot recall any campground that had a decent enough wifi system to use netflix or youtube tv.. I put a firestick on it when we are at home.. only had the trailer for a couple of weeks.
    We put a samsung smart tv in the bedroom. Anyway, time will tell how it works out
    Have good day!
    Reflection 150 series 230RL
    2014 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD
    http://davidodonnel.com

Setting Up Camp BuddyLovesCamping's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased our 344GK "used" from a woman who bought it, moved it once from the dealer to a nearby RV park, and never moved it again. She stayed in it only about a half-dozen times over a 12 month period but the original TCL tv died. She had it replaced while still in warranty, with a new TCL "smart" tv with built-in Roku. I have almost exactly the same model at home. Both work perfectly and I love having the Roku built in. However, as with all flat screen tv's the speakers are crap, so I added the TCL soundbar with subwoofer, which DRAMATICALLY improved the sound quality. I love it. (I could never get the Furion unit to work with the tv, but the TCL soundbar/subwoofer is better anyway.)
    I cobbled together a mounting plate and mounted the soundbar directly under the tv on the televator, so both the soundbar and tv move together as a unit. The bluetooth subwoofer is hidden behind the recliners.
    Ken, Suzi & Buddy (Sporgi - Spaniel/Corgi)
    Dallas, OR
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 344GK-R
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L, CC, LB, DRW, 4x4

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You lost this battle by people who actually own and camp in a rv.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast