User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    Best of luck. Always worth the effort doing your research and ordering exactly what you want. Did you also need to jump into another tow vehicle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No my Ram has a 4207 capacity so I'll be close to GVRW on the truck when loaded. Truck is 3500 SRW, LB, CC, diesel, Laramie. I never travel filling every compartment and most of my gear will be in the garage lightening the pin some. I'm sure that Keystone makes the basement small deliberately to keep that load down. Trailer GVWR is 17K, empty reported at 13.8K, one I looked at was actually lighter, 13.6K and it was more optioned than mine. When it comes it'll be off to the scales for a few weighs. I'll get the truck ahead of that to know those numbers. Only real issue is the aux tank in the bed. I'll fill it for record weight. One of my changes was not ordering the patio system. Momentum uses aluminum rails but the Raptor felt like steel. GD uses Lippert aluminum, Raptor steel MORryde railings and felt much heavier. GD said the patio system weighed around 100#, based on the steel I saw in Raptor, I am guessing closer to 200 off the Raptor. Everyone I looked at online and on lots had that patio and Keystone rep said the "shipping weight" they use is based on "what is typically ordered by dealers". For me that weight savings is good. From the information I got, direct from Megan at GD on GD owners technical forum, and on the phone with a Keystone rep, both manufacturers uses essentially the same way to arrive at their "average weight" and "shipping weight".

This thread certainly got waylaid.

BTW to keep the thread relevant, the oder changes I made don't affect total height. Yes I'll measure that also.
    Last edited by chunker; 02-05-2020 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Adding
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Duplicate posting
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold