Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Washer Dryer

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Washer Dryer

We are buying a new Solitude 382. We're looking for opinions on washer dyers for RVs. Are they worth the cost? Do they hold much of a load? Etc.... Thanks Michael

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello and welcome to the forum Michael

Are washers and dryers worth the cost? That's totally subjective. My wife would say absolutely!!! People who prefer using the public laundromat would say no. Do they hold much of a load? Not compared to your home washer and dryer. An RV wishing machine will have less than half the volume of any home washing machine and in some cases, far less than half. We usually use our RV washing machine 2-3 times a week.

There are many threads here on the forum discussing this subject. If you do a search, you will get lots of opinions.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum Michael

Are washers and dryers worth the cost? That's totally subjective. My wife would say absolutely!!! People who prefer using the public laundromat would say no. Do they hold much of a load? Not compared to your home washer and dryer. An RV wishing machine will have less than half the volume of any home washing machine and in some cases, far less than half. We usually use our RV washing machine 2-3 times a week.

There are many threads here on the forum discussing this subject. If you do a search, you will get lots of opinions.
    I agree. When we were recreational RV'ers the answer to whether washers/dryers are worth it was no. Now that we are full-timers the answer is yes and we have found having a washer/dryer a clear benefit. Having a RV washer/dryer results in a paradigm shift in doing laundry, because they can only handle smaller loads we do 1-2 loads a day.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Boss is very happy with our washer & dryer. It get's used, as needed.

Only real draw back I see/have is it's mounted on the same side as the refrigerator/stove, so it impacts the weight distribution, more towards the drivers side.
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO yes, so much so I did a HUGE Mod to install a set in our 311BHS. There is a post showing the setup...
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love having a washer/dryer in our "home". It's a must for me, have you ever looked at the laundromat washers? Gross... lol..
    We have a combo unit and with the right load size and fabric softener we have no issues at all. I love that I can do about 1-2 loads a day and be fine. Towels and sheets are a little more difficult but its some of the sacrifices for living in an RV.
    If you are full time, I would highly suggest getting washer/dryer. We needed the extra space so we went with a combo and I am very pleased. Set it and forget it...

Denise

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the search function on the forum and you'll find dozens of threads on this subject. As full-timers, we prefer to use the commercial machines in the parks and get everything done in 1-1/2 hours (which today is our day to do!).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Michael and welcome to the site. I too would recommend the W/D. I love having it and being able to do laundry while watching a movie or relaxing and not have to leave the trailer. It's worth every penny to me.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having sold many w/d to GD customers, I can tell you that the vast majority have purchased the Whirlpool stackable and steered clear of the Splendide. If the Splendide require service you'll need to visit an RV dealer. If the Whirpool needs service, you can have a Whirlpool tech visit your location.
    Scott M. Barlag
    Burns Harbor, IN

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have Whirlpool stacked & vented w/d. Usually do 3 to 4 loads a week, 3-4 hrs total. The machines hold about 3/4 of what our home units did. We do laundry when we want or need without making a trip to a laundromat. Parts are available on Amazon or through any local appliance store. Ours are 3 1/2 years old and still running good. I did have a waterpump failure that I replaced within the first year but that's it.
    Pam & Ed
    "Just Kruse'n"

Momentum 376TH (New 11/04/2016)
    Full Timing since 11/04/2016
    2017 Ram 3500 DRW Aisin 3.73

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast