User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fresh water fill

How would I gravity fill the fresh water tank in my momentum 21g if it doesn't have a fill port or the nautilus system?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put a hose in the bucket and attach to the same fitting in the hook up center.

Turn the valves to match the diagram for fresh water tank fill, and then turn the water pump on.

It will pull the water in to the tank.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Steve, I'm a newbie,attach it to the port that I put my white hose on?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1phatboy,
    I own a 21G and there is no way to gravity fill the FW tanks that I know of. Must use a pressurized supply with the valve in the FW tank fill position. Could use an external pump sucking out of a container. I read that changing position of the valve under pressure can blow out the o-ring in the valve.

huntr70,
    The 21G does not have a nautilus valve setup, only one valve that that has two positions, City Water or FW Tank Fill position. Unless they have changed the setup since I purchased my 2019 model.

Larry
    Larry & Paula
    2019 Momentum 21G
    Equalizer 1400 / 14000
    2012 Ram 2500 4x4 CTD

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I had heard too. Subvet. Steve, Have you used your method before with success?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huntr70 is right on the money. I have a small section of the hose that I cut from a short drinking safe hose for this function. I have done this on a couple of occasions and works like a charm too.

Good luck!
    2016 Ford F-350 Super Duty XLT CCSB 4x4 6.2 gasser 3.73 E locker
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used this method on my 27RL and it works great. I have three of the large 6 gallon jugs from Wal Mart and drive to the fill station with the jugs in the back of the truck. When I back up to the 5th wheel I get close enough to use the short white hose I cut to pump it into the camper. This is such a better way of filling the holding tank instead of trying to hold a heavy can at the correct level to allow gravity to fill it.