User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2670MK kitchen slide and awning rubbing

This has not yet caused an issue for us, but on our 2019 2670MK with the slide out and awning extended to full out position the underside of the awning rubs on the front corner of the slide. I am concerned that at some point with continued use, wind and in/out operation the awning will eventually wear a hole.
    Attaching a few pics
    Anyone else noticed this or have a problem with wearing.
    I see on the 2020 unit they now have two separate awnings. Must have been a problem.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200128_151303692.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	85.8 KB 
ID:	24626Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200128_151317025_HDR.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	24627Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200128_151355550_HDR.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	24628Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200128_151439089.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	24629
    2019 Imagine 2670MK, Titan disc brakes, Morryde CRE3000
    2015 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Limited TRD; RAS
    Bikes: Jamus Dragonslayer 26+ Sport, Electra Townie Go 8i
    Kayaks: Jackson Allwater, Liquid Logic

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe that the 2020's are any different.

The one I have in stock is the same way, and the floorplan on GD's website still shows one long awning.

They've been that way since that model came in and I haven't heard of any wear issues. Can you run the awning back in a hair and get the material to pull tighter?
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. I am going to try to attach a photo from the Grand Design website that is in the gallery of photos for the 2670MK right now.
    I tried that, if is windy it still rubs and bringing in too much eliminates the angle for good runoff, also the little front flap lays on top.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gallery-38-inch-Slide-Depth-new.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	24630

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a 2970RL. And I can confirm I have a 2020 2670MK and it has one 21’ awning. I did notice the same contact on the awning and figured in the future it will probably wear there from flapping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK. I didn't realize the photo galley photos are the same for all the models on their website.
    It also rubs when the awning dumps rain. Hope it doesn't become an issue.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same thing. What i did was go to Lowes or Home Depot, for about $3.00 you can buy a package of foam pipe insulation (looks like black pool noodles). They have a slit along the whole length. When I extend the slide, I put about a 2' pc on the top lip on each side, all the way out to a few inches past the corner. I usually put another pc in the center. After that I extend the awning. This way, the foam protects the fabric.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Misterpiano View Post
    I have the same thing. What i did was go to Lowes or Home Depot, for about $3.00 you can buy a package of foam pipe insulation (looks like black pool noodles). They have a slit along the whole length. When I extend the slide, I put about a 2' pc on the top lip on each side, all the way out to a few inches past the corner. I usually put another pc in the center. After that I extend the awning. This way, the foam protects the fabric.
    This is what I did as well but the contact is only on the side of the slide toward the door so I just put one piece there. Will keep an eye on the other locations.
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Setting Up Camp
    Currently near the Columbia River in Oregon
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the same issue with our 2018. The first 2 or 3 times we ran the awning out it stayed taut enough that it never lay down on the slide out, but after the first wind/rain event the awning stretched enough to settle. As MisterPiano did, I got pool noodles, but got bright pink so I wouldn't miss them when I did my walk around during breakdown and packup.
    I only need to put them on the ends to make sure the corners are covered to protect the awning. I have seen some trailers going down the road with these noodles on the slides, but I don't think they would stay in place.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have noticed that if I adjust the struts (i.e. make sure they are extended straight as far as possible), the awning is a little tighter and doesn't lay directly on the slid out corner. I still put my pipe insulation on the ridge, however, to make sure I minimize the abrasion.
    Buckaroo
    2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2017 Tundra DC 4WD TRD

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've had mine since 2017, and it is the same. Actually, the controls let the awning unroll just a bit too far. Run it all the way out, then back it up 1/4 to 1/2 turn. Flap still hangs down like it should, and everything else still works as it should - but now you have a reasonable clearance between the slide and the awning.

BTW - NEVER leave it out when you are not there, or overnight! A very huge sail. I'm careful with mine, but I've seen many other RVer's in campgrounds in the morning assessing major damage because the wind came up overnight! Poles and guy wires seem to be of little help on others of similar size.
    If, with the above tip, it is windy enough to make it still make contact, it is too windy for it to be out.

I do wish, however, that they had split it into two awnings, one mounted on the slide. Irritates me that so much shade is lost underneath due to the slide.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast