User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exterior door difficult to close and open

I am on my second 2018 Reflection and both had the same problem. The exterior door is extremely difficult to close and latch. The hinges are stiff and seem to pull the door open. I have adjusted the latch all I can with no help. We literally have to slam the door to get it to latch in the closed position. I have installed a electronic RV Lock which only adds to the problem of gripping the handle so we can get a good close. Typically we have to lock the door so that it won't pop open when moving about the inside of the camper. The RV is always made level. It seems to be mostly a hinge problem but because they are riveted, there is no adjusting them. As I said, this was a problem in my 295RL and now my 337RLS. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Sorry if this topic has been beat to death but I spent an hour looking through the forum and could not find anything on it.
    2018 Reflection 337RLS
    2019 Ford F-250

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is possible you have to much camber on your door. Something to check. Here is a link with the instructions from Lippert for checking and adjusting the camber.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0002051.pdf
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    It is possible you have to much camber on your door. Something to check. Here is a link with the instructions from Lippert for checking and adjusting the camber.

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0002051.pdf
    I believe this may be a good current video about the camber adjustment:

https://support.lci1.com/videos/chal...and-adjustment

The other link does not work.
    Gil 'n Jenn
    Marble Falls, TX
    320MKS (coming out of a Class A)
    2970W / 800AH Victron & Battleborn
    F-350 (SRW, 7.3 Godzilla)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We fought with ours for a period of time. Jenifer decided to just flip the strike plate over and reattach it and now it closes as it should. Perfect simple solution.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jh2pizza View Post
    We fought with ours for a period of time. Jenifer decided to just flip the strike plate over and reattach it and now it closes as it should. Perfect simple solution.
    That’s what we did. Reverse the plate and see if you gain a few mm’s of space. You can also grind a few mm’s off the edge as well.
    Randy and Kris