User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyenough View Post
    We sold our 310 on RV trader. We gained 11K over the dealer allowed for trade in.
    AWESOME!! Did it take long to sell it? Did you have a lot of tire kickers or was it pretty painless? I think that is what we will do, not sure yet.

Thank you for all the information!!
    Brian and Susan
    2019 F-350 Dually
    2019 GD 310GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Desing now offering the 8k morryde is axles and disks breaks. Ours will be in next month. For us, the money to have GD do it seemed to best. We didn't get the solar because we are going with a very large system.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luckyenough,

Be careful upgrading your axles. In theory you can carry more weight, but they cannot change the weight stickers applied when rig was manufactured, so you would still be at 16,800 from a legal standpoint. 18,000 if ordered from the factory new with the 8k axles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for all the great information. Here is our dilemma. We chose a Momentum 349m, but the wife is not happy with the lack of storage both internal and external. I also agree. So we are looking at the 390RK. We love the storage and the layout but too are concerned about the ccc. We are minimalists to a point, but we know that we will push the limit. If we have the factory add the 8k axles what does the carrying capacity go up to? Is the stock carrying capacity 2,238?

Anything else we should know about the 390RK? Like what price can we expect to pay? LOL
    Dave & Erin
    2021 Momentum 349m
    Caldwell, ID

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey All ~ We are 1/2 time on our 390 (6 months in FL). Our Solitude is now a year old. VERY pleased with everything only 1 little defect of a slight water leak that GD sent a mobile tech to fix. It was minor but I don't do plumbing. Was very pleased with the way GD took care of it. I did have the disc brake conversion by a shop at home. Noticeable improvement and as they say, it takes the worry out of being close. We added the Air Flow System to the kitchen A/C. It makes a great difference. My only regret is we did not get the double pane windows. If I were to do this over, I would add the 8K axles and disc brakes as well as the windows. The heating and cooling could be better balanced but it's an RV not a stick built house. We did notice the smaller bedroom slide but it's not a problem. My wife got over 6'' here and there many years ago. So in a nutshell, go for the 390, you will be glad you did!
    If You are Lucky ... You are Lucky Enough

Bob & Jayne
    Ninety Six, SC & Ft. Myers, FL
    2022 Solitude 390 GK R
    2020 RAM 3500 SRD 4x4 Limited
    6.7l H/O & Aisin trans

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckyenough View Post
    Hey All ~ We are 1/2 time on our 390 (6 months in FL). Our Solitude is now a year old. VERY pleased with everything only 1 little defect of a slight water leak that GD sent a mobile tech to fix. It was minor but I don't do plumbing. Was very pleased with the way GD took care of it. I did have the disc brake conversion by a shop at home. Noticeable improvement and as they say, it takes the worry out of being close. We added the Air Flow System to the kitchen A/C. It makes a great difference. My only regret is we did not get the double pane windows. If I were to do this over, I would add the 8K axles and disc brakes as well as the windows. The heating and cooling could be better balanced but it's an RV not a stick built house. We did notice the smaller bedroom slide but it's not a problem. My wife got over 6'' here and there many years ago. So in a nutshell, go for the 390, you will be glad you did!
    Bob and Jayne, congratulations on your first year anniversary! We are at 55 weeks. One thing you need to consider is replacing all of the soft hoses in the bottom compartment. There are videos on youtube showing how and it's not that hard, just tedious. For our next one, we will doing the same chassis, but maybe not the same floor plan and we will have the Morride conversion done.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look up rv airflow systems.you can buy a kit you,put,on your ac to increase air flow. It works. GD IS NOT INSTALLING THIS KIT ON ALL OF THERE NEW AC UNITS AT THE FACTORY. IT WORKS SO WELL YOU WILL NOT NEED A THIRD AC

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal dean View Post
    Look up rv airflow systems.you can buy a kit you,put,on your ac to increase air flow. It works. GD IS NOT INSTALLING THIS KIT ON ALL OF THERE NEW AC UNITS AT THE FACTORY. IT WORKS SO WELL YOU WILL NOT NEED A THIRD AC
    Welcome to the forum. Two tips:

1. @Lampton recently started a thread about a simple owner modification that likely performs almost as well as the expensive kit. I've since done the mod myself; easy-peasy and it certainly makes a big difference in airflow around the trailer, as well as making A/C operation quieter. Highly recommended.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...ation?p=329902

2. When you are responding to another post here, it's nearly always best to use the "Reply With Quote" link at the bottom of the message to which you're responding. That copies the text you're responding to into your message, which improves context for anyone reading along later, and it also alerts the person who wrote the original post that you've responded to it.

Again, welcome.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123