User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 2014 379FL Heating Issue ??? Bedroom unit only blows cold air on furnace or auto mode

We just bought a 2014 379FL. Love the trailer but live in Colorado and it's winter here right now. I'm still trying to figure out the heating system. If I set it to auto on the Dometic thermostat and set my temperature were I want it. The furnace comes on and seems to work well. The problem I have though is the roof mounted unit in the bedroom also comes on. I believe it has heating capabilities but all it does is blow cold air. Thought maybe it might just take a while to warm up. After over 10 minutes furnace still blowing in all of trailer nice and warm but bedroom unit still blowing cold air. Any suggestions?? I have figured out how to make just the furnace run without bedroom unit coming on but not much air flow to bedroom since there is on one small vent. So pretty darn chilly back there. Any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Dcowan; 01-30-2020 at 11:53 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure that it is a heat pump? Also, if it is a heat pump then below 40-45 degrees it starts losing it's effectiveness and ours will blow at room temp below 38 outside. I don't know which thermostat that you have, but as we scroll thru ours is shows electric heat and gas heat, and cooling. Make sure that your thermostat is showing heat and not cooling, and you can also set the set point 5 degrees higher than room temp and see if it kicks on.
    Looking at the options list, it shows a bedroom A/C and also a Heat Pump / AC, but not for the bedroom.
    Last edited by ThePowells; 01-31-2020 at 10:59 PM.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think the 2014s had the heat pump in them. The A/C fan just comes on for circulation. Can be turned off by setting fan to auto. (sounds like you found that)
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE