Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Underbelly seems to get really hot when furnace is running

We use our 29RS Reflection as a part time 2nd home all winter long. When we aren't there we keep the furnace turn down to 45 degrees. It seems that the underbelly area gets really hot. It seems to me that there may be some venting issues. Does anyone know how hot the underbelly should be relative to inside the trailer living area? Any information on this topic would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    gelfme

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is actually heating ducts that terminate under the coroplastic . Spelled right? Anyway, they are designed to keep the plumbing from freezing. Normal IMO.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Solitude is the same way, gets really nice and toasty in the front compartment around the Nautilus panel. I'm pretty sure nothing will freeze in the underbelly, it's even nice and warm in the giant rear storage area and there is only one vent back there. I'd say you have nothing to worry about.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks txfivver.
    My concern is that there is a problem with the venting that is allowing to much heat in the underbelly which limits the heating in the trailer causing the heat to be on longer than what should be needed. According to the thermometer, the temperature get to 100 degrees in the front storage area when the trailer is set at 45 degrees. Just doesn't sound right to me, so I was wondering anyone else has experienced this.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My remote thermometer in the front usually reads 3-10 degrees lower than the interior, but I have seen both at 72-73 at the same time. I'm having an internal debate about blocking the ducts to the storage area unless it is going to get to freezing or a tad below.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a issue with the main duct connecting to the distribution duct. It was only taped to secure together. I noticed the same issue along with the heat not so good in the interior. Opened the dividing wall below and found the tape failed. 4 screws and some sealant took care of the issue.
    Take a peek.
    Tom and Sandi
    2017 337RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks st2rv.... planning on removing the divider and take a look at once we get through the worst of the winter. Appreciate the information.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gelfme View Post
    thanks txfivver.
    My concern is that there is a problem with the venting that is allowing to much heat in the underbelly which limits the heating in the trailer causing the heat to be on longer than what should be needed. According to the thermometer, the temperature get to 100 degrees in the front storage area when the trailer is set at 45 degrees. Just doesn't sound right to me, so I was wondering anyone else has experienced this.
    Oh wow that's a whole different story! Yes that is way too hot, as stated below I think you have a furnace duct that has come off. Good advice to look behind the "wall" and check it out. Mine heats just fine at all vents inside and I think it just feels hotter in the front basement because of the smaller space involved. I've put a thermometer down there now to keep track of it.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This weekend I noticed a lot of hot air coming out around the drain pipes that go down through the floor when the heat is on. I don't think there should be this much heat coming out of there. Has anyone had this problem?? I'm thinking about pulling down the enclosure material under the trailer to look around to see if a hose came detached from the duct going to the island.