User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine fit perfectly as well with no spacers needed. I'd have to see the actual gap you have, but a few washers used as spacers would certainly not hurt anything if needed.
    Chris

2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2018 Chevrolet 2500HD

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    Not 2RAD but to answer your question I didn't need them for my 303. I had ordered them but perfect fit without them and no gap. I'm not sure why you have that much gap. You may want to order them and see. I believe they come with 4 and you may only need 2.
    Thanks for info. The box frame does "bend in" to close the small gap when bolted tight. Just did not want to possibly damage what is attached to 303. The Tread Lite stairs i took off were a little wider. 2018 model 303.

Bill & Jan

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2rad4u View Post
    Mine fit perfectly as well with no spacers needed. I'd have to see the actual gap you have, but a few washers used as spacers would certainly not hurt anything if needed.
    Thanks, Chris. I will try that.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried calling Glow Steps to ask them about the gap. Wouldn't hurt before you do anything just to be sure.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Have you tried calling Glow Steps to ask them about the gap. Wouldn't hurt before you do anything just to be sure.
    Thanks. TorkLift said best to put spacer, washers or whatever to keep original stair braces from bending in. old stairs are 28", Glow steps are 27.5 roughly. I bought piece of 1/4" X 1 1/2" X flat aluminum, cut to size, drilled holes to match steps. works nice.

Setting Up Camp BuddyLovesCamping's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased the same steps (model A8004, right?) for my 2018 Solitude 344GK. It came with the "drawbridge" style solid steps which fold into the doorway. We really like the solid steps except for two things: 1) folding them in dumps dirt and rain into the rig, and 2) our RV parking pad at home is too narrow to deploy the steps. My rig has the brackets welded into the frame, but since they aren't used the exterior skirting below the door covers them up. So I have two questions/requests, if you don't mind: 1) Can you measure the width of the cutout in the skirting, as well as the distance of the top edge of the cutout below the door threshold, and, 2) any chance you could crawl underneath and snap a photo of the brackets so I know which set of holes you used? There seems to be several different hole patterns for different brands of steps, I guess.
    Many thanks in advance...

Ken
    Ken, Suzi & Buddy (Sporgi - Spaniel/Corgi)
    Dallas, OR
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 344GK-R
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L, CC, LB, DRW, 4x4

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure can. However, Iam out of touch for couple weeks without RV. will try to get pics when i return.

Bill

Setting Up Camp BuddyLovesCamping's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
    Sure can. However, Iam out of touch for couple weeks without RV. will try to get pics when i return.

Bill
    Turns out, no need. I was able to crawl underneath, drill a couple guide holes, scribe the opening, and cut it out with sheet metal snips. Not too difficult, but a lot more than 30 minutes install time. Stairs are now installed and exceed every expectation! They're gonna work perfectly for my tight parking space. The only thing I need now is that plastic "frame" that goes around the cutout to hide/protect the raw sheet metal edges. Since my rig never came with one I don't know if GD has a part number for it but my guess is that they use the same one on many different models. Guess I'll need to call and see if they can ship one to me.

Only other thing left to do is find someone who wants my old Solid Step...
    Ken, Suzi & Buddy (Sporgi - Spaniel/Corgi)
    Dallas, OR
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 344GK-R
    2012 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L, CC, LB, DRW, 4x4

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345