User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    They are awesome.

I have a set that I put on my SOB and now moved to my Reflection.

Wouldn't own anything else at this point.

I saw somewhere that they were working on these to fit the MorRyde/Lippert Solid Step OEM as well (there is no under mount box).
    They aren't just working on them, they are available. They are called the Torklift GlowStep Uprising, and are made to fit inside the door just like the Lippert and MorRyde one step.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandymacy View Post
    The steps look so much more sturdy. My only concern is if the last step may not clear the ground. It has four steps as apposed to three steps. I noticed they have an adjustment at the bottom, but what if the bottom step hits the ground?
    You won't have a problem with them clearing the ground. The problem with most of the 3 folding steps setups is the rise, which is the height between each step, is too great to be comfortable at about 9-10 inches. Most steps like in your home have a normal rise of about 7 1/2 inches. The rise on the glowstep is 7 1/2 to 8 inches. Besides being very sturdy, this is what makes the glowsteps so much more comfortable and safer to use.

The shorter rise on each step is why you can use a 4 step model in place of 3 steps if that is what you have now. You also have 3 adjustments at the top when you deploy them. When you lift the level to pull them out the steps, while still bunched together, rotate out and down. You can release the lever at 3 different locations (slots) which will affect the height of the top step relative to the threshold. Since they are hinged at the top, you can then pull them more or less straight out and when fully extended set the legs on the ground. Then adjust the legs if needed to make the steps level. There are a number of videos you can find showing them being deployed.

You can look on the Glowstep website to see what model is recommended for your trailer hence the number of steps. They have models from 2 to 6 steps. What model trailer do you have?
    Last edited by HighFive; 02-09-2020 at 03:43 PM.
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    They aren't just working on them, they are available. They are called the Torklift GlowStep Uprising, and are made to fit inside the door just like the Lippert and MorRyde one step.
    The Torklift Uprising mounts to the door frame instead of the floor inside of the trailer, so you don't end up with holes in yor floor inside the trailer which could develop a leak.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    The Torklift Uprising mounts to the door frame instead of the floor inside of the trailer, so you don't end up with holes in yor floor inside the trailer which could develop a leak.
    I had forgot about that. I looked at them before deciding on the 5 step GlowStep for my Momentum. Even though mine came with the One Step, when they built the trailer, they had put a pull out step "frame" under the door, it was behind the black skirting and I had to carefully cut out an opening then trim it with some matching automotive type door edge trim. If you didn't know better, you would think that the trailer came with the Glow Steps. I did have to patch the holes in the floor inside though, where the original steps were. We keep a rug at the door anyway, so the hole patch is never seen.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for the Torklift Glowstep. Love them on our 303.
    Brian and Paula- Truckee, CA
    2015 Reflection 303
    2017 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummings Turbo, Aisin HD Transmission
    B&W Companion Slider, Firestone Air Bags, Compressor with wireless remote

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The steps look so much more sturdy. My only concern is if the last step may not clear the ground. It has four steps as apposed to three steps. I noticed they have an adjustment at the bottom, but what if the bottom step hits the ground?
    I’ve had the four step Glowsteps for a year plus now and have stayed at 35+ RV parks with no problems with adjusting the steps. Because they accordion in and out, they have an amazing amount adjustment. Which the solid step types do not have. After adjusting the legs, you’ve got nothing. Other than some weird, extremely unusual site, I can’t imagine a site where they wouldn’t work for you.
    Last edited by Silverbeard; 02-09-2020 at 06:34 PM.
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did you buy them and what did they cost. The TorkLift web site keeps the cost secrect.
    Jerry and Jack (Standard Schnauzer)

Currently in Benson, AZ

2018 Reflection 315RLTS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HighFive View Post
    Nice review. I put them on my 303RLS a couple of months ago. Expensive but well worth the price. They are definitely solidly built. The painted frame is thicker as you said and I assume aluminum since a magnet won't stick to it.

I also added the Stromberg-Carlson extended hand rail. A nice compliment to the steps since the steps extend out further with the 4th step. The mounts align perfectly with the screw holes for the stock handrail. No drilling required.

https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Car...s%2C155&sr=8-1
    Nice steps!
    I have a few questions about the new handrail....did you use the 3rd mounting hole at each attachment end? If so did you hit solid metal framing with the 3rd hole or did you have to through bolt it like the instructions say? Thanks, Sparky IBEW

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 3rd mounting hole is a redesign by Stromberg-Carlson for their handrail mounts and I believe includes their regular handrails that come on our trailers. The 3rd hole is for trailer manufacturers use and is not used for aftermarket mounting. This is spelled out in their instructions here. https://www.strombergcarlson.com/wp-...007-AM-533.pdf

I did see a post about a guy who admitted after the fact that he did not read the instructions and drilled for the 3rd hole. He hit backing for one hole and did not for the other. The mount is very secure with 2 screws per mount. They are rather large screws and screw in firmly.

Be sure to seal the screws. My factory handrail was sealed with a piece of Butyl tape with the screws through it from the factory. At the time I did not have any Butyl tape so used silicone which will work fine. Be sure to put a glob of silicone around the hole to seal the ring around the screw in the mount. You will see what I'm talking about when you look at the back of the mount.
    2019 303RLS Reflection 5th Wheel
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat 4X4 CC/SB/SRW 6.7L Diesel
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This doesn't happen. I have camped in many places, they are always perfect! they can scissor out or in to correctly fit. They are great, would get again!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast