Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trailer camera for outfitted RAM 3500

GD Fam,
    I will be pulling my 2020 Reflection 337RLS with a 2020 RAM 3500. It will be prepped with trailer camera wiring and tow package of course. I got some confusing information from a Sales associate in Camping World. When I asked him which rear trailer camera is good he pointed to their top of the line Furrion of course. But when I told him I will be wired with video in truck (Uconnect 4C) he said I may have to use a MOPAR fitted camera because of my setup. I've researched to no avail and before I call RAM I would like an unbiased opinion on this. Thank you!
    Last edited by JLBRUSCIA; 02-01-2020 at 07:24 AM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll be very interested to hear about this as well. One thing to think about, I believe if you use a camera with UConnect it will shut off the camera display above about 5mph. My UConnect does that now on the surround camera, bed camera, etc. Unless there is a setting I haven’t found to change that it would sort of defeat the purpose of being able to use the cameras at the rear of the trailer for observational purposes during lane changes. The Furrion does allow you to run the camera while driving and with the marker light cameras you can get some good assistance for lane changes I think. I just saw this posted on the FB Grand Design Owners Modifications and Improvements group: https://www.haloview.com/haloview-mc...sCwq0wE2cayv5U. Looks interesting and the fellow who posted it spoke highly of it, quite a bit cheaper than Furrion. I do like that the Furrion can have a door cam added to, might be nice in a campground.
    Dave & Debbie
    ----------------------
    2021 Ford F150 Lariat PowerBoost Supercrew 4x4 with 7.2kW generator
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dave!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Furrion vision S system and like it. One thing that I really like is the microphone. No more yelling back and forth
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser