Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Purchased 17MKE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Purchased 17MKE

My wife and I just purchased a 2020 17MKE today. This going to be a change for us coming from a 303RLS to this size of trailer and from 5th wheels for years to a bumper pull. We just wanted to downsize because we are getting older and I wanted to get into more of the smaller campgrounds and NF so hence a smaller unit (much smaller). Hope we have as good luck with this one as we had with our 303RLS.
    Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2020 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 Red and Black Ram Rebel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that's really a drastic change. Hope it treats you well.
    we still sneak into a few NFS campgrounds in our 303, but do miss a couple of the tiny ones we used to get our old Aliner into.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow thats going to be quite a change. Curious though, when the beds out it looks like you'd have to climb over the end of it to use the bathroom or to just get in or out of bed. That would seem like it would get old.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    Wow thats going to be quite a change. Curious though, when the beds out it looks like you'd have to climb over the end of it to use the bathroom or to just get in or out of bed. That would seem like it would get old.
    Sorry for the late response. The bed does block off the bed on the slide side but you can squeeze your leg through the space.
    Butch

2020 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Butch50. My wife and I bought the same trailer last fall and haven’t even used it yet as it is still very much winter in Calgary. We are retiring this year and are planning on going across Canada for about 3 months this summer. We opted for the Murphy bed because we really just want a compact trailer with enough room and comfort to remind us to get outside as much as possible. While there are much bigger and more elaborate units out there, we opted for practicality and utility over size and good looks...interestingly enough, my wife just mentioned those same reasons for marrying me. Anyway, here’s hoping all of us enjoy long trails and great times in our lovely 17MKE’s. Cheers!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickinCalgary View Post
    Hi Butch50. My wife and I bought the same trailer last fall and haven’t even used it yet as it is still very much winter in Calgary. We are retiring this year and are planning on going across Canada for about 3 months this summer. We opted for the Murphy bed because we really just want a compact trailer with enough room and comfort to remind us to get outside as much as possible. While there are much bigger and more elaborate units out there, we opted for practicality and utility over size and good looks...interestingly enough, my wife just mentioned those same reasons for marrying me. Anyway, here’s hoping all of us enjoy long trails and great times in our lovely 17MKE’s. Cheers!
    I agree with all you said. My wife and I just sold our Reflection 303 RLS to buy this one. We really like the layout on it and as small as it is you can still access the bathroom with the slide in. I feel that GD hit a home run with this unit for people that want s smaller rig. I hope you enjoy your new rig also. We are still in winter here also even though We live in Alabama. We are getting constant rain and cold. It is hard to even get outside and tinker with it. We are slowly getting our stuff storied inside between rain storms.

Have fun and enjoy.
    Butch

2020 Imagine XLS 17MKE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Butch,
    Good luck on the new rig.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butch50 View Post
    We live in Alabama. We are getting constant rain and cold. It is hard to even get outside and tinker with it. We are slowly getting our stuff storied inside between rain storms.

Have fun and enjoy.

A little off topic but I live in GA and have a new 2600rb sitting in the backyard. This rain you're talking about really sucks. I too have been dodging the rain trying to get it setup. On top of that both me and the wife work in a job that can't work in the rain so the sporadic nice days we get we have to work. This week we worked Monday and have been off since. To make up for the rain we have to work Fri, Sat, and Sun this weekend.

Sorry for the rain rant.

Charles

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just returned from our second trip with our 17 MKE and really love the layout. We had enough capacity to boondock for three full days by bringing 24 gallons of extra water with us.. pouring dish water down the toilet increases your gray water capacity. Strengths include 1) Smart layout for its size. 2) Muphy bed allows second couch for comfortable seating for guests. 3) 14' canopy is great for staying outside. 4) Wardrobe storage on both sides makes packing easy. 5) Large, single sink in kitchen helps makes dish washing easier. 6) Plenty of counter space to cook big meals. 7) Big fridge is "foodie" friendly. Our only "nits" are 1) Oven is too short...a Kamado Joe Junior grill solved that. 2) Mattress is too firm...fixed with a memory foam topper. 3) Passenger side shades compromise privacy on sides...built side valances similar to the emergency exit window. 4) Bathroom sink is pretty small...can always use the one in the kitchen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious about the extra 24 gallons of water...what did u haul it in? How did you get the dish water into the toilet? Thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast