User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought mine based on the interior and 8ft bed. At the time I needed to haul 5 adults and 1 child in a car seat and 3 motorcycles. I looked at the big 3, test drove them all and could have purchased any of them but the F350 was the one that checked all the boxes. Turns out the 6.4 has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. Maybe I got lucky, but I would say you should by whichever brand checks the boxes for you.
    2020 Momentum 351M
    2009 F350 Lariat CCLB 6.4L PSD, Air Lift 5000, B&W Companion
    2001 GL1800

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2015 Chev/Duramax here. Right around 86,000 miles. One small oil leak from the pan when it was almost new, water leak in roof from GPS antenna fixed under warranty, replace DEF tank and heater under a recall. Changed tires at 60 some thousand miles, still on original brakes, no squeeks, no rattles. Best truck I ever owned. Can't say the same for 2010 Ram/Cummins junker I replaced with it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In 2004 I started researching as a new truck was being planned. I was always a Ford owner having purchased 4 new ones in a row over a 30 year period. The bad things I heard on Ford's 6.0 diesel was enough to change brands. I bought a Ram Cummins and have been extremely satisfied with the decision. If I were to purchase a new diesel it would have a Cummins. However, all the hype I'm reading about Ford's new 7.3 push rod gas engine has me thinking. Like you I'm not much to jump into the marketing hype of new products until they are road proven. The 6.0 was hyped as the savior of diesel pickups and ended up in a disaster to Ford. I think right now if I made the move back into gas engines I would give Ford's 7.3 gas some consideration. It's an old style push rod engine and with the 10 speed transmission and available torque at low RPM it can get decent MPG considering it's size. Right now I'm so turned off by new diesel trucks having an $80K msrp on the window that I may drive this Cummins for another 100K and there is no doubt it will make it. But actually I think all the trucks coming from the big 3 automakers are good. You tend to buy what you have had good luck with. All the diesels now are reasonably solid engines with all the bugs worked out.
    Last edited by Likes to tow; 02-10-2020 at 04:13 AM.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth13777 View Post

With the GM, you also get an all new truck for 2020. Not my first choice if buying for reliability.
    Good point. That is definitely an issue for me and it has steered my decisions in the past.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Likes to tow

I agree the prices are sickening.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cmillsbl View Post
    Except for the four times it's been to the Ford dealer for "death wobble" problem I love my truck. Very comfortable and quiet (when not wobbling). Anybody else experiencing this problem on either Ford or GM HD trucks after 2017 model year?
    I had this happen to me once. I was driving on the highway and hit a ruff spot in the road. The truck started shaking and man what a experience. I think it had to do with the ABS and Stability control. I got the truck slowed down and it stopped. Hasn't done it again. I do hope yours isn't doing it all the time. You may need to replace the front steering stabilizer shock on the center link for the steering.
    If you cant demonstrate this to the dealer he can't fix it. If you can make it happen than take the guy for a ride better let him drive to get the full effect. I have heard lots of guys complaining about this and throw lots of money at it to fix the problem.
    Ford knows about this but they have done nothing to fix it. I do hate that about all 3 auto makers. Don't think they don't do this also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am pro-Ford, for sure, but I've seen a few polls like on RV Travel. For what it's worth, the polls I've seen always are overwhelmingly Ford, with Ram second and GM/Chevy third. My only speculation is that way more have Ford because of reliability, etc.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2018 GMC 3500 CCSB Denali with 40k miles and over 30k towing our 5th wheels around the US. We have been happy with it so far. The DEF under the hood is a hassle, but we only have to add 5 gallons every 4000-4500 miles, so not too bad. I was real hesitant to go with GM again after our paint and drive-train issues on our previous 2013 1500 (60k miles). I liked the Ford better, but it didn't fit in the garage we had to park in, (HOA Rules) the GM fit by 3 inches, so that's what we picked. We will most likely be in the market again at 60k miles when the DEF warranty is up. Now that garage space is no longer an issue, I'll definitely be looking at the F350 or F450 again. Have never looked at the Rams, but will even try them as well, when the time comes. I think all three produce a solid truck, so you have to try them all and see what checks the boxes best for you, no matter what the emblem on the steering wheel is!
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several mentions of the "Death Wobble". Lot's of theories on what causes it but here's the cure:

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/pro-co.../R-DFCW-222582 CC
    2020 Momentum 351M
    2009 F350 Lariat CCLB 6.4L PSD, Air Lift 5000, B&W Companion
    2001 GL1800

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
    If you cant tell the blue cap from the green one than you should take a Uber. I wonder how many grab the gas nozzle and put gas in there diesel trucks.
    A number of years ago when my son lived in North Carolina, after an extremely long day of work and long drive, he pulled in to fill his Suburban up for the day. it was only after the pump shut of did he realize he just put in 27 gallons of racing fuel. . . . . . . .
    Joe & Dee
    Ontario, Ohio
    2018 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Duramax Crew Cab SRW Short Bed Payload 3523#
    2019 Reflection 337RLS bought February 2019 Dry Pin Weight = 2,320#, UVW = 11,100#
    Hitch - PullRite Super Glide 2700 - 16K
    Bed Cover - Roll-N-Lock
    TPMS - Tire Tracker TT-500 (non flow thru)
    Rear Observation Camera - Rear View Safety model RVS-155W-FB (2400-2500MHZ)

2017 303RLS bought April 2017 / Traded February 2019

Map represents States visited with our 303RLS /337RLS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234