Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to edit profile, listed under forum actions. On the left will be a menu and under miss is where the files are. Also if you created albums there could be pics in there too
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Go to edit profile, listed under forum actions. On the left will be a menu and under miss is where the files are. Also if you created albums there could be pics in there too
    When I go there it just shows the posts I've got attachments in. It doesn't show me the actual attachments folder where I can delete them. I don't know if I created albums or not (don't think so).

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are there check boxes to the right of each listed ? Not sure if I'm seeing this because I'm moderating or if everyone can see those boxes. Any album you may have created will be in your profile on the left side
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    are there check boxes to the right of each listed ? Not sure if I'm seeing this because I'm moderating or if everyone can see those boxes. Any album you may have created will be in your profile on the left side
    Yes, there are check boxes to the right. I'm guessing that the list is actually not a list of the posts that have attachements, but a list of the attachments by date as I posted them. If I check the box and click "delete selected" it will remove that particular image from only that one post?

What I was wanting to do was actually remove an image that's in the window when I click "Manage attachments" while posting. One that I put in there without meaning to.

I have no albums.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then it should be in that list and delete it from there. There is a manage window but I am pretty sure I only see that when i go to the advanced posting window not the quick reply.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got curious about this so I experimented a bit...

If I go to a post I made with a an attached photo I can edit the post and then go to "Advanced" editing and then scroll down to "Manage Attachments". From there I can remove the photo from the post (click the box in the lower right then click on the "X" in the upper right). You'll see a pop up window asking if you want to delete the asset; choose yes and it gets removed from the post. It still exists in the upper portion of the attachment window.

Now, it's here that I am not to certain about things... There is this small notation in the attachments area... "Uploads not utilized within one hour will be deleted". I'm not sure if you remove the attachment if it ultimately gets deleted, but the notation seems to say it does. I'm experimenting so won't know for a while.

But, that's if "I" edit the post. I think if you (livinthelife) try to edit an old post you can't - I think that's case - I think since I am a moderator I can always edit posts - I think site members can only modify a post for a certain amount of time (24 hrs??).

Therefore ---- if you have an attachment you want deleted in a post you can ask a moderator for help. I'll update this tomorrow after I see how my experimenting goes.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 04-04-2020 at 08:41 PM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I got curious about this so I experimented a bit...

If I go to a post I made with a an attached photo I can edit the post and then go to "Advanced" editing and then scroll down to "Manage Attachments". From there I can remove the photo from the post (click the box in the lower right then click on the "X" in the upper right). You'll see a pop up window asking if you want to delete the asset; choose yes and it gets removed from the post. It still exists in the upper portion of the attachment window.

Now, it's here that I am not to certain about things... There is this small notation in the attachments area... "Uploads not utilized within one hour will be deleted". I'm not sure if you remove the attachment if it ultimately gets deleted, but the notation seems to say it does. I'm experimenting so won't know for a while.

But, that's if "I" edit the post. I think if you (livinthelife) try to edit an old post you can't - I think that's case - I think since I am a moderator I can always edit posts - I think site members can only modify a post for a certain amount of time (24 hrs??).

Therefore ---- if you have an attachment you want deleted in a post you can ask a moderator for help. I'll update this tomorrow after I see how my experimenting goes.
    No. What happened was I downloaded a photo to post and it downloaded into that Attachment window (with all my other photos) sideways. I remembered I had to do a minor edit to make it show up portrait style. So I edited it and downloaded it again. The second photo is the one I used in my post. But I want to delete the sideways one in my Attachments so as to keep the number of photos there down (I have a lot).

However, I took this opportunity to look at that attachments window, and the sideways one is no longer there - so all is well.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah.. then that bit about uploaded, unused photos going away really works.. good to know...

yea.... that buggy sideways photo "thing".... grrrrrrr!
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12