Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molding Piece discontinued ??

2017 369RL Brown on tan. The plastic molding piece on the slide next to the door got cracked (this one is on me). Tried to order one from the dealer who told me it was discontinued. GD sent out a replacement for the replacement. Two issues, 1. only came in black(can get it painted for $100 ugh) 2. 1" shorter than the original. Anyone know a workaround on this issue.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlannLori View Post
    2017 369RL Brown on tan. The plastic molding piece on the slide next to the door got cracked (this one is on me). Tried to order one from the dealer who told me it was discontinued. GD sent out a replacement for the replacement. Two issues, 1. only came in black(can get it painted for $100 ugh) 2. 1" shorter than the original. Anyone know a workaround on this issue.
    Can you fix the crack? Or just remove all the molding and put in new.

That's all I've got.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I removed the back area from our bench seats, I soon discovered the section against the slide, once removed, there was a gap of about 12" where a piece of trim would need be placed, to make it look "finished".

I went to a local RV dealership that carried GD, and asked if they had any spare parts they could sell me. I was lucky, they found a piece, and gave me an ~5-6ft length, for free.

If you're near a dealership, that might be option. Lol... I did bat my eyes [emoji16].

Sent from LB's phone using Tapatalk
    Lynette & Steve
    2001 Ford Excursion 4WD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    Former Owner - 2018 315RLTS Reflection TT