User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Rather than pull out the sim card would I be able to tether the phone to the router? I already have an unlimited plan(Verizon) and would keep the phone function as well.
    i don't think you can do that. during my research i didn't come across that. If you use the sim in your phone, you would use the wifi calling through the router.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    No you don't have to spoof the att unlimited plans. They are data only. Go to eBay and type in att unlimited data and they will pop up. They are around 35 dollars a month
    OK, so.. I don't get it. ATT makes a big splash discontinuing the unlimited plan on Togo which, yeah, it's about 35/mo. But you can go get an ATT unlimited plan from Ebay and pop it into your Togo for... 35/mo? What the heck is going on here? Where are those plans on Ebay coming from, are they grandfathered in plans? Guess that would make sense, but, if you're willing to sell unlimited at 35/mo, why cancel your 365/yr plan and put in something that's just ridiculous in it's place?

God the cell phone carriers are awful. They all are. I used to work for one of them (the big one), it was an abject lesson in corporations gone wrong.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    OK, so.. I don't get it. ATT makes a big splash discontinuing the unlimited plan on Togo which, yeah, it's about 35/mo. But you can go get an ATT unlimited plan from Ebay and pop it into your Togo for... 35/mo? What the heck is going on here? Where are those plans on Ebay coming from, are they grandfathered in plans? Guess that would make sense, but, if you're willing to sell unlimited at 35/mo, why cancel your 365/yr plan and put in something that's just ridiculous in it's place?

God the cell phone carriers are awful. They all are. I used to work for one of them (the big one), it was an abject lesson in corporations gone wrong.
    I've not looked into the eBay stuff, but my guess would be some outfit purchased blocks of the unlimited plans, years ago, that are grandfathered much to AT&T's displeasure. The outfit is then basically renting these connections to you. They probably pay $30/mo, maybe less, and then charge you $35. Like any rental if they can keep the vacancy rate low they make money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2018 Dodge 3500 DRW
    2019 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    ZBT WG3526 LTE Router (similar to the MOFI 4500, but has a 5ghz band, not 5g) MC7455 modem installed
    Thanks for all the information and links, but no link for the modem? That ZBT WG3526 product seems to come in multiple versions, including some that don’t mention doing LTE at all like this one on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Configured】ZB...0747608&sr=8-1

Where did you get yours? Thx.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    Thanks for all the information and links, but no link for the modem? That ZBT WG3526 product seems to come in multiple versions, including some that don’t mention doing LTE at all like this one on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Configured】ZB...0747608&sr=8-1

Where did you get yours? Thx.
    the seller on ebay is sold out. go to LTEfix.com they sell them. you will probably need to purchase the modem to its the card that goes inside the router that gives your LTE.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ZBT-WG3526-...72.m2749.l2649

https://ltefix.com/shop/modems/sierr...outers/wg3526/

https://ltefix.com/shop/routers/lte-routers/wg3526/

there are youtube videos that show you how to install the modem. i would check ebay and you might find the router with the modem already installed.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mentioned you moved from weboost to this setup. Can you give me some guidance on the cell reception you’re getting? I totally understand if there is “no signal” there’s no signal. I’m ready to purchase the components and make the switch also away from the weboost if it’s worth it. We camp in the Colorado mountains and I can get the weboost to work most of the time to boost a slight signal.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tburandt View Post
    You mentioned you moved from weboost to this setup. Can you give me some guidance on the cell reception you’re getting? I totally understand if there is “no signal” there’s no signal. I’m ready to purchase the components and make the switch also away from the weboost if it’s worth it. We camp in the Colorado mountains and I can get the weboost to work most of the time to boost a slight signal.

the weboost is more for cell signal and the LTE router is more for data. the sim card in my router is data only. but a cell/data plan would work to and give you cell service. if you have good data speeds you can then use wifi calling. the issue i had with the weboost is that i had to sit within a few inches of the inside antenna to get a signal. the LTE router
    will broadcast the signal throughout the camper. the router is also mimo, (two connections for outside antennas) so you can use two directional antennas to receive a better signal. i haven't been able to test it at a campground with no service yet, but just testing here at the house i was able to greatly increase speeds by aiming the antennas and you dont need a signal meter, ive been using my cell phone. i connect the phone to the router wifi , go outside, and turn the antenna, use speedtest app until i find a good download speeds. the signal meter will only tell you signal strength, not download speeds. the cell tower in my area that has the best signal with the signal meter doesn't have the best download speeds. if you want faster downloads you cant go wrong with the LTE route. if you want basic cell service to make calls then stick with the weboost.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally understand what your saying as far as data vs cell. I just didn’t explain it correctly. Looks like I just need to spend the $ and see how it will work. On eBay there are some many sellers for the data sim how did you trust your purchase?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing to add but want to learn more. My S10e gets OK signals for calling but data seems about 3mbps with signal strength in the 115 range. I can literally go about 2 miles as the crow flies and see over 100 mbps. Since we snowbird here now (Willow Tree RV resort Longs SC) thinking this could work well....
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tburandt View Post
    I totally understand what your saying as far as data vs cell. I just didn’t explain it correctly. Looks like I just need to spend the $ and see how it will work. On eBay there are some many sellers for the data sim how did you trust your purchase?
    the seller that has sold the most and reviews.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast