User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reeldirtydawg View Post
    Maximus216....thanks for sharing. Does this require an external antenna? Been needing to come up with some sort of data solution but not ready to drill into my roof or strap an antenna to my rear ladder.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Purchase the Unlimited Data Plan 4G LTE AT&T Hotspot card and that goes in the Cradlepoint CBA850LP6-NA CAT6 then run CAT5 or CAT6 cable from the Cradlepoint to any wireless router? No need to install an external mounted antenna?

And this will give you enough throughput to stream Netflix or Amazon movies?
    That equipment you quote came from me. I do not have it all yet, still waiting for the LTE router and sim card. As far as the external antennae that can be your choice. If you have a good signal and download speeds no need to go further. What Maximus did with the yagi antennae was to increase the ability to receive a good signal. This can be done with the Cradlepoint modem too. There is no need to drill the roof however. There are ways to route a cable outside or to a bulkhead as Maximus did
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 02-11-2020 at 05:06 PM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reeldirtydawg View Post
    Maximus216....thanks for sharing. Does this require an external antenna? Been needing to come up with some sort of data solution but not ready to drill into my roof or strap an antenna to my rear ladder.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Purchase the Unlimited Data Plan 4G LTE AT&T Hotspot card and that goes in the Cradlepoint CBA850LP6-NA CAT6 then run CAT5 or CAT6 cable from the Cradlepoint to any wireless router? No need to install an external mounted antenna?

And this will give you enough throughput to stream Netflix or Amazon movies?
    I'm not familiar with the Cradlepoint. Mine is a router with wifi, so i don't need to connect it to another wireless router. It covers the whole camper. It came with the required modem card to get 4g. Mine has two 4g inputs and one 2.4ghz and one 5ghz wireless antennas. You don't have to use an external antenna, but i recommend one or two if your router supports it. I ran the coaxial cable from the router into the cabinet next to the softa then down underneath the camper and then out. I didn't drill a hole in the wall. I would recommend another router, like the mofi4500 or the one i have ZBT WG3526 .

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The $35/mo AT&T unlimited plan is no longer offered. Anybody have a plan B for an unlimited data only plan for a cellular router setup similar to what's discussed here?
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 290BH
    2019 F250 SRW Diesel
    Curt A16 Hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cutoffsandcrocs View Post
    The $35/mo AT&T unlimited plan is no longer offered. Anybody have a plan B for an unlimited data only plan for a cellular router setup similar to what's discussed here?
    the seller that i purchased mine from is currently away, not sure if he will sell more. There are other options, Visible is the best one so far. SpaceX is launching another batch this weekend so this satellite internet thing might be up and running this fall. Not sure yet of price and if there will be a limit on bandwidth.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted earlier in this thread about the Verizon MiFi and data plan we used last year. Update: we’re back in the U.S. now and for simplicity we just reactivated the Verizon MiFi for a month, starting a couple of weeks ago.

Last year we got truly-unlimited high-performance data for $60/mo, this year we get 30Gb of data for $70/mo and have noticed that its performance isn’t nearly as good as it was last year. Usually fine for most tasks such web browsing, email, etc. but we have noticed some lags at that and it is not nearly fast enough for reliable streaming as it was last year.

I’ll be looking at some of the other options mentioned in this thread.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i finally got out to a rv park to test my setup in an area with little to no cell coverage. i've changed my setup by adding a second directional antenna and yes it does make a difference. I could not raise the flag pole very high due to tree limbs but i didn't have to. I was able to get 34mbps download which is plenty to stream netflix. i'm very happy with this setup. Here are a few pics.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200325_095952.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	25503Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200323_191059.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	25506Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200325_095955.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	25507
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200325_121236.jpg   Screenshot_20200325-160346_Speedtest.jpg  
    Last edited by Maximus216; 03-25-2020 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    i finally got out to a rv park to test my setup in an area with little to no cell coverage. i've changed my setup by adding a second directional antenna and yes it does make a difference. I could not raise the flag pole very high due to tree limbs but i didn't have to. I was able to get 34mbps download which is plenty to stream netflix. i very happy with this setup. I posted a few pictures.

ID:	25503[ATTACHClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200325-160346_Speedtest.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	25505=CONFIG]25504[/ATTACH]Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200325_121236.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	25504
    Thanks for the input I think that is my next upgrade for the Cradlepoint. So far this has worked out really well. At home I get 30mps sitting in the window but I also get 100mps on my Verizon phone.
    On my trip to and through Florida I had one bad spot on the east side of Tampa. At first I thought they were throttling the unlimited plan as I just passed 22Gb. Once I got away from there all was good again. I was seeing downloads in the 10 to 25mps range in 7 other different locations and had no trouble streaming Hulu or Disney+.
    I have it set up now as a trial to see if I want to cut the fiber internet connection and do away with another bill. Since this is very portable it's almost a no brainer. I'm moving the antenna for my OTA DTV up the attic this week and I'll leave room for wireless antennae as well. I think I'll start with one though. I also need to try to duplicate your idea of a trailer mast to help out on the road.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cutoffsandcrocs View Post
    If you have an unlimited data plan just add a hot spot router to it. Same cost as adding a phone. $40 at AT&T.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucksoder View Post
    If you have an unlimited data plan just add a hot spot router to it. Same cost as adding a phone. $40 at AT&T.
    For a long time I did that. There are drawbacks and limits. The phone needs to be tethered so as not be be seen as a cell phone hotspot otherwise you will be throttled at 22G data. By tethering the carrier sees data usage as phone data. Last summer I was up to 52G data logged on my phone streaming TV and internet connected and I was throttled. It was the first time it happened and I have had much more data usage previously. So it seems they are wise to that now too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus216 View Post
    i finally got out to a rv park to test my setup in an area with little to no cell coverage. i've changed my setup by adding a second directional antenna and yes it does make a difference. I could not raise the flag pole very high due to tree limbs but i didn't have to. I was able to get 34mbps download which is plenty to stream netflix. i'm very happy with this setup. Here are a few pics.

Name:	20200323_191059.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	25506Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200325_095955.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	25507
    Can you please show how you managed to connect the wires inside the cabinet? I see that you made a port outside next to the marker. Does the other side of that port sit inside?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast