Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Radio Speaker - Kitchen Area

We just purchased our 1st Travel Trailer ever - 2600RB Imagine. We haven't even slept in it yet. It's back at the dealer already for a few stupid kind of things. One of them is the roof speaker in the kitchen area sounds like it is not connected properly. Turn the volume up and it sounds like the wires may not be connected correctly. Very scratchy. The dealer said it was because I didn't have the "Boost" engaged. Huh! Boost? what is that. There is nothing in the manual for the JWM40 Jensen Stereo unit that I can find. Any ideas before I pick the Trailer up?

Thanks.
    Last edited by KPEC1151; 02-02-2020 at 08:28 AM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your dealer may be thinking the "Loudness" button.
    Although in my experience with a Jensen "Loudness" button is that if the speakers are fine with the Loudness off then they should be fine. The speakers are junk anyways but they should still not sound distorted even with the Loudness button off.
    You are correct though that their is no "Boost" button.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I'll check it out with the service guys before I bring it home. I anticipate upgrading the speakers at some point, but I would expect decent sound regardless of the loudness button. That doesn't make sense to me.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours too, 3000 QB just purchased. Let me know what you come up with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this will help but on our 2019 2500RL the speaker near the kitchen sink sounded terrible and would cut out. I pulled the speaker and re-crimped the spade connectors. I did the other speaker and pulled the radio and crimped all the connections there as well. My problem was solved. Hope that helps.
    Jim & Kathy
    Gracie, our 14 year old Rescued Beagle, waiting at the Rainbow Bridge with her big sister Bailey
    Suzy our 8 year old rescued Beagle
    2019 2500RL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I had the issues of one inside speaker not working. Had to pull the belly to find a bad connection.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar