User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Refrig.

Eric P

Refrig.

Can you tell me why it is ok to have your refrig only cool to 38 ? Talking on the facebook page for Grand Design owners it sounds like many owners are having this same problem. Why have you not done something about this to help your customers. If the make and model you are using are junk maybe you should be looking for a different product. My last 5th wheel was much better never had a problem. My unit is about 6 months old the dealer tells me it is within the guidelines but still the items in the refrig are not cold. I am starting to have second thoughts about purchasing this trailer.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good morning Eric. And welcome to this forum. I saw your post on the FB page, and somebody referred you to here so GD might be able to answer you. Although the GD folks might very well respond to you here, there is a section on the forum that is specifically set up for them to read and respond to. At the bottom of the forum page, click on "Tech Corner" in the "Manufacturer's Corner" section and post your inquiry there.

I've had many quality issues with my Reflection during my eight months of ownership. However what sets GD apart from the the manufacturer of my previous fifth wheel is their willingness to try and resolve these issues. On my last FW, it was always "work with your dealer". If you're not getting satisfactory answers from your dealer, please contact the customer service desk at GD. These folks really go out of their way to try and resolve issues that crop up from time to time. Here is the number: 574-825-9679. If they don't answer, leave a message and they will get back to you right away. If that doesn't work, you can call GD and ask to speak to anyone in the management chain, and they will step in to help.

Best wishes for getting your refrigerator concerns and any other quality issues resolved in a timely manner.

Jim

Eric P
    Jim
    Thanks for the information.
    Eric

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before my frig died {bad frig element and frig propane parts} my temperature was constantly staying at 29-30 degrees. I had it set to 4 lights on my door panel lighting up. My frig died right before winter here so the dealer checked out my frig and ordered the parts. I am bringing my 303 back to the dealer in the spring time to install the parts. I decided to bring my 303 home and wait till the spring cause I didn't want to bring my camper home when the roads here are loaded with salt.

Eric P
    We have tried just about everything. We have it set on the highest setting and still not that cold

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a bad heating element for using the electric side of the frig. Mine went bad and I have to use propane until dealer get the replacement part.

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric P View Post
    Can you tell me why it is ok to have your refrig only cool to 38 ? Talking on the facebook page for Grand Design owners it sounds like many owners are having this same problem. Why have you not done something about this to help your customers. If the make and model you are using are junk maybe you should be looking for a different product. My last 5th wheel was much better never had a problem. My unit is about 6 months old the dealer tells me it is within the guidelines but still the items in the refrig are not cold. I am starting to have second thoughts about purchasing this trailer.
    Hi @Eric P,

Please send me a private message (PM) with your phone number and RV 17-digit VIN, and we will ask Atwood to contact you directly to discuss.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.