Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Furnace issue

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furnace issue

Why would the furnace all of a sudden quit working on '14 Solitutde. No error codes. Control panel looks fine. No blown fuses.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of propane?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. All tanks are full. Using stove ok. Panel light shows it should be working. I can change fan settings to lo med and high but that just blows air out of the AC unit in ceiling. When I turn on furnace it is on Auto

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you put the thermostat on Heat does anything happen at all? If your tstat has 2 zones turn the other zone off so nothing in the air conditioning circuit will be active. If you've used the furnace previously you expect the circulating fan to turn On. After 15-20 seconds of purge cycle you should hear some clicking as the gas valve opens and the spark lights gas flow. If the gas fails to light a flame sensor will shut down the operation. It should attempt twice more before going into a lockout mode.
    Does any of this sound like what you're experiencing?
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by treynolds51 View Post
    No. All tanks are full. Using stove ok. Panel light shows it should be working. I can change fan settings to lo med and high but that just blows air out of the AC unit in ceiling. When I turn on furnace it is on Auto
    Is the t-stat set to heat/elec or heat/gas? If on heat/gas the airflow should be from the floor registers not the ac outlets in the ceiling.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing happens when the furnace is turned on. Zone 2 is the only zone with furn option. Zone 1 is off at time of furnace operation. Do not have blower starting and don't hear any clicking. Air conditioning works fine. Lights on control panel look normal, no codes. Furnace worked fine the day before.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since nothing is happening at all, and the tstat works fine in ac mode then it might be the furnace circuit board. Ours went out a couple of years ago, it's rare but not unheard of.
    If you're still under warranty then back to the dealer. Good luck and please let us know what it turns out to be.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. Thanks, I will have a technician check it out.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We seem to have a similar problem. Everything on the thermostat works, except the furnace. I checked/changed the fuse. Stove works ... 80 gallons of propane in big tank ... Crawled in the storage area, etc. The thermostat clicks like something is about to happen and then doesn't. We are not under warranty with GD, though we have an extended warranty. Have not had a tech look yet, but sounds like we need to do so. What was the approx cost of the new furnace circuit board, if you don't mind saying so. Thanks for the help.