User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do I replace the pin box or the hitch. Which gives me the more bang for my buck

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a 150-series 295rl, correct? Since you already have a typical hitch, I'd say the pin-box.... but I'm not sure what alternatives are out there that are compatible with the turning-point.

Do you feel or see a lot of slop in the current hitch connection?

I agree with the others that making sure you have at least 20% of the weight on the pin would be a good start before spending any money.
    Last edited by backtrack2015; 02-03-2020 at 11:29 AM.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I have a 2019 295rl. No I don't see any slop in the current set-up. How do I increase the pin weight while maintaining the proper gap between the truck bed and fifth wheel?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changing the cargo distribution/ pin weight will not affect bed rail clearance. Additional pin weight will however squat the truck more.
    Charlie
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same RV (a 2020 295RL). - A bit of a story- Started with a Reese 20K After the sales people had hitched me up I started to leave when I heard the loudest metal crash ever. The pin had "slipped out". Luckily I stopped before any damage could occur. The sales people taking no responsibility at all stated that my hitch was wrong. They then took two days to find a Pullrite 16k (charging me for it) which would work- . So far I have had no issues with the Pullrite. No chucking as such.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzbota2620 View Post
    Yes I have a 2019 295rl. No I don't see any slop in the current set-up. How do I increase the pin weight while maintaining the proper gap between the truck bed and fifth wheel?

WRT pin-weight, you simply need to shift some of the cargo forward in your trailer or add heavier items to the front storage compartments underneath. That's all you can do and it won't impact your truck-trailer clearances. If you carry things in the back of the truck, maybe you could shift a couple of those items to the front of the trailer.

Since you have the turning-point, I'm not sure pin-box modifications are an option. A quick internet search didn't show any obvious replacement options.

Since you don't see/hear any slop in your hitch, I'm reluctant to blame the hitch. B&W makes great hitches, but they aren't damped and it is possible the chucking would continue to bother you if slop in the current hitch isn't the issue.

A few people here run with higher-end hitches like the Air Safe hitch. I expect one of these would help your ride significantly as they effectively put an air-suspension on the truck/trailer connection. Good luck!
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what we have.......minimal chucking/heaving

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PullRite SuperLite.pdf 
Views:	9 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	24737
    Cal, Marsha and Bear the Labradoodle
    2019 F350 Platinum DRW, 6.7 PSD, 4:10, Firestone Airbags
    Pullrite Superlite
    2019 Momentum 376th
    Aprilia RST1000
    Evelo Aurora E-bikes

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer the B&W hitch it is extremely well made. We have the standard Lippert pin box that came on the RV. With that said I tend to agree that you may be light in the pin and should move some cargo forward. Our pin weight is >3000# due to all the storage in the pass through and front nose cap closet. No chucking.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    x 2 on the B&W previous Rockwood pin 17.7% 1880 lbs smooth pull ... the Patriot 18K is solid ... all welded many adjustments ... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a B&W sliding hitch, don’t have the puck system but do have the gooseneck attachment. Love it! Like the positive clamping. We need the sliding hitch to make the turn into our driveway, it makes makes an “S” turn next to out house. Hardly use the slider anywhere else! I keep a very long screw driver and some wood spacer blocks in the truck toolbox to jack up the goose neck center pin to remove it. Like how it comes apart into two sections. Tows like a dream! Only noise is on acceleration or deceleration but solved that with a thicker rubber washer from B&W.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast