User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzbota2620 View Post
    I have a 2018 gmc cc drw tow vehicle and a 295rl fifth wheel. We get a lot of chucking when we go down the road. We have a curt 20k slider hitch. I know that I don't need a slider hitch, but it came with the camper. I would like to upgrade to a better hitch, I am just wondering which one will give me the best ride.
    For chucking problem the 5th Airborne pin box is the way to go. Just the plain one, not the sidewinder version. A bit pricey but works great. I worked as a Camping World service writer for 7 years and sold many of these and they work. I also use one on my 337rl fifth wheel towed with srw F250.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went through three different hitches before I got to the best and the one I recommend. An Air Safe 25K. I used it in our 2006 Dodge 3500 LWB dually and it is now in our 2019 3500 LWB dually. It makes the RV just float along with it's 4 air bags and 2 shock absorbers. I got a deal when I bought mine used from a friend but your RV and truck will be much better off than with anything else that has no air cushioning built in. Even the single air bag on the hitch is better than nothing but get it all in one unit with the Air Safe. They probably have a newer model now for the puck system but check them out.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks I have looked at all the suggestion that everyone has given me, I still have time to decide because I live in the frozen north east. I do like the air bags and the shock idea

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had the Air Safe hitch for 5 years and still really like it. It makes for a nice ride. It is easy to use and very secure. The jaws on it our twice as thick as you see on other hitches. The pin that points up when hitched is nice for telling when the hitch is locked in. Actually looking should be done too. When you make a stop when traveling and the trailer is out of sight for a few minutes you can tell no one messed with the hitch by seeing that pin sticking up. The hitch is not hard to take out either. I think 4 bolts and it comes out in 2 pieces.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for the B&W Companion Slider......I have Firestone air bags and no chucking that's detectable.
    Brian and Paula- Truckee, CA
    2015 Reflection 303
    2017 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummings Turbo, Aisin HD Transmission
    B&W Companion Slider, Firestone Air Bags, Compressor with wireless remote

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 295RL that was pulled with my 2003 Ram Diesel 3500 SRW no chucking, but the trailer did seem to work the Mountain Master air hitch up and down - as seen from the rear view mirror. The MM hitch head actually moves back and forth 2" to help eliminate chucking. There is no pin box replacement for the turning point on these reflection 150 series trailers.
    I now have a 2019 Ram 3500 SRW (not pulled yet) which I will be mounting a TrailerSaver BD1 air hitch and shocks on the trailer to keep the chucking away. I might mount 2 spare tires up front - underneath, as I have been wanting to carry two spares. Make sure your trailer is level, not nose up - making the front act lighter.
    Retiring Soon...
    2019 295RL
    2019 Ram 3500 Crew SRW 6.7L

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best hitch

I have a 2018 gmc cc drw tow vehicle and a 295rl fifth wheel. We get a lot of chucking when we go down the road. We have a curt 20k slider hitch. I know that I don't need a slider hitch, but it came with the camper. I would like to upgrade to a better hitch, I am just wondering which one will give me the best ride.
    Have 2015 GMC 2500 . Pull a 293RES Reflextion with a B&W hitch and do not experience any chucking at all. This is the only hitch I have ever had but am very satisfied with it. It has also won the readers choice award for several years!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Top of box to underside of 5th wheel

Has anyone tried a Blue Ox super ride. I know that I do not have a lot of pin weight because the truck only goes down about 1/4 inch when I put it on the truck. There is only 6" between the top of box and the bottom of the fifth wheel. I do not want a goose box hitch, have one a work and don't like it
    My experience tells me at 6” you are borderline to hitting, rule of thumb has always been 8”
    Jimmy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We upgrade the Roto-Flex pin box to a Reese Elite Airborne Sidewinder on our 310GK to allow me to tow with my RAM 2500 diesel 6.5 foot bed with the B&W Companion fixed hitch. Huge fan of the Reese Airborne Sidewinder now and as always the B&W hitches. With the air bag/shock in the pin box there is very, very little chucking.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear some guys say they like the Anderson. I'm not so sure I would trust my $100,000 5TH wheel to a hitch that only weighs 50#. My B&W has some serious girth. I have put it to the test more than once and it keeps the trailer hooked up.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast