User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=tatetoter;276779]I have the Andersen ultimate in a 2013 ram 3500 that pulls a 2018 311bhs. I noticed some chucking/porpoising going down the freeway. Wasn't too bad but noticeable. When I added the airbags to the rear of the truck, about 95% or it went away. Just sayin.

Tha hitch doesn`t cause that, weight distrubtion, riding high or low, worn supention parts on truck or trailer, driving to fast, lousy roads, bridge expansion joints and transitions. it all adds up. Just sayin.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=bshgto;278270]
    Quote Originally Posted by tatetoter View Post
    I have the Andersen ultimate in a 2013 ram 3500 that pulls a 2018 311bhs. I noticed some chucking/porpoising going down the freeway. Wasn't too bad but noticeable. When I added the airbags to the rear of the truck, about 95% or it went away. Just sayin.

Tha hitch doesn`t cause that, weight distrubtion, riding high or low, worn supention parts on truck or trailer, driving to fast, lousy roads, bridge expansion joints and transitions. it all adds up. Just sayin.
    I guess I should have been more specific. When I added the airbags to the rear of the truck, it brought my ride height back into spec and made the back end not sag. This made the porpoising go bye bye. Never blamed it on the hitch. Just sayin.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
    I hear some guys say they like the Anderson. I'm not so sure I would trust my $100,000 5TH wheel to a hitch that only weighs 50#. My B&W has some serious girth. I have put it to the test more than once and it keeps the trailer hooked up.
    It's actually only 35lbs. Haha. I understand what you are saying though. I honestly have never had a problem or felt unsafe with it. I pull doubles about 3/4 of the time. Maybe max of 18K lbs total trailer weight. It handles it like a champ. Most of the people I run into have them and either have huge toy haulers or pull doubles. I really wouldn't just judge it on it's light weight characteristic. That being said, definitely only use what you like or feel comfy with. It's your money on the line after all.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tatetoter View Post
    It's actually only 35lbs. Haha. I understand what you are saying though. I honestly have never had a problem or felt unsafe with it. I pull doubles about 3/4 of the time. Maybe max of 18K lbs total trailer weight. It handles it like a champ. Most of the people I run into have them and either have huge toy haulers or pull doubles. I really wouldn't just judge it on it's light weight characteristic. That being said, definitely only use what you like or feel comfy with. It's your money on the line after all.

What a nice response.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234