User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    I compared and compared many of the Lithium batteries including the weight for the last 6 months. All the specification that all the companies listed are very close to the same.
    Saving $200.00 x 2 is part of the equation also. The 10 year warranty is still there and Expected Cycle Life of >4800 cycles is there too.

I don't know a ton of info about lithium batteries, but it seems to me maybe Battle Born is thinking they are better and jacking up their price a bit too much.

I bought our Aims Lithium batteries from The Inverter Store for $749 each and $0.10 each for shipping, so 80 cents less then $1500.00. KEN
    My only suggestion and it comes from total ignorance because I don't have any idea is to make sure that the battery management system is up to par. The reason I bought BB was they were super helpful, seem to have covered just about all potential issues with their BMS, and have a stellar rep. (and it was 2 years ago so there weren't as many options) The others may be as good or even better, just check. Something slips through the BMS and a very expensive paper weight could be the result.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reeldirtydawg View Post
    Lance,

Great question, will check them out at our local Costco on my next visit. I am still in the hunt for lithium batteries and need to pull the trigger by the end of April 2020.
    Thanks. These are on sale online until the 20th or 23rd.
    I’ve had four 6 v deep cells in my GD303 for the last 2 to 3 years. I figure since these are on sale and if the consensus is that they’re decent lithium batteries I might just purchase myself two and save some weight and add to my Boondocking experience. Thanks for your thoughts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance Glogowsky View Post
    Thanks. These are on sale online until the 20th or 23rd.
    I’ve had four 6 v deep cells in my GD303 for the last 2 to 3 years. I figure since these are on sale and if the consensus is that they’re decent lithium batteries I might just purchase myself two and save some weight and add to my Boondocking experience. Thanks for your thoughts.
    I did watch a couple of YouTube videos and these batteries get great reviews.
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reeldirtydawg View Post
    I did watch a couple of YouTube videos and these batteries get great reviews.
    Thanks for your help. Yes I think I’ll pick up a couple. Like one review said, grab them quick before they’re gone. I can always return them. I’ll have to reread the above thread to figure out a converter change. And try to understand the alternator aspect of it when connected to my pull vehicle.

Lance

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback. What I decided to do for now is replace the two Interstate 12v group 24 batteries (75 ah each) with two Duracell 6v golf cart batteries, 235ah each. That gets me from 75 ah usable (at 50% discharge) to about 117 ah usable. I bought them at the BatteriesPlusBulbs a short ride from home for about $260 total. I also bought a Victron BMV-712 battery monitor. I figure when I do go to lithium I would want the monitor anyway, and if I am putting one in I may as well put in the one I really want. We are doing a couple weeks boondocking in New Hampshire for the next two summers, then we will be retired and are planning longer trips...3 or 4 months at a time. So then I will consider a lithium/solar setup. Right now our camping in a state park is in the shade so solar would not make too much sense.

Now my question is: Does anyone know if the converter/charger in the Imagine is a "smart" charger, or would it be beneficial to upgrade? In the state park I have limited generator hours, so I want to charge up the batteries as quick as I can. Next week when I install everything I will run a few tests using the battery monitor to see how long it will take to charge from 50% to full.

Thanks again!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345