User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Bill View Post
    If I set my torque wrench at 120 ft-lbs - which is the maximum allowed, and when i apply the wrench - if it allows the nut to continue tightening before clicking, then I know that the nut was torqued over 120 in the first place. That tells me that they were over torqued - something that the dealer should know. I am not trying to set the torque to the 90-120 range ... I am trying to determine if the nuts were over torqued in the first place.
    NO! The nut will just turn to 120Ft lbs, over torquing the nut. You are over thinking this. If nut was tightened to 90 ft lbs, and it clicked, and you reset the wrench to 120 ft lbs, the nut will turn till it gets to 120 ft lbs. And clicks again. The clicking does not stop the tightening, you need to stop when it clicks...The only way is to loosen and re torque.....No way to tell what the original torque was.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    Check gaps in the coroplast where any drains exit. While GD did use foam to "attempt" to closed up holes, there were a few spots where the gaps were nearly an inch. Had them re-apply some lap sealant on the roof where it was evident it could be suspect where roof and front cap meet.

Our dealer was great and we they did not ask for a signature on anything until all issues had been resolved.

Congrats on your new unit
    Thanks will have a look .... I spoke with paperwork guy this afternoon and reminded him we would complete PDI before signing off ... he said of course we always complete orientation/PDI first .... as I said before I have not even been there or seen the unit we are buying (have been on one at show in Tampa) he also asked if we had any interest in extended warranty I said no he said okay see ya'll in the am .... later Frank
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? You're gonna leave us hanging? How did it go? LOL

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Hey .... I am here .... went as expected and well enough to at least bring it home ..... dealer was prepared but missed a few things they should have spotted before I got there ... # 1 was a tweaked door on the nautilus.pass-thru side door was rubbing when I tried to close they agreed to replace frame and and both doors ... I asked that it be done at there location in Ft Myers which is 3 hours closer to my house they agreed ... anyone have a loud exhaust fan in there Microwave ?? this one is loud and Ft Myers will deal with this also ... bedroom door would not close without forcing it ... fixed .... one of 3 shower door sliders off track ... fixed .... tv not level - cords wrapped in back fixed ... tab lock on propane door missing replaced but tech put on wrong one would not tighten... fixed .... I will keep looking for anything else we take it down to Ft Myers Wed am next week so anything else we find will be added on ... the unit was up and running and we tested everything and the PDI tech was helpful and offered good answers to our questions .... using there Ft Myers location to complete the list is a big advantage .... once we agreed to use them I had a phone call and appointment within 30 minutes from there service adviser .... Knowing the industry and keeping my expectations in check the dealership was exceptional and I feel good about any future contact with them ... they served us lunch in there Cafe restaurant which they provide for all of there customers everyday .... the 2930RL is amazing and despite the PDI issues we are very happy .... on a side note took 5 hours to drive home winds were gusting to 35-40 mph so I used state roads at 55 mph max and took my time truck and camper handled great so glad we have a big strong truck .... when we hooked up did not have to change anything camper is level with 6-7 inched bed rail clearance and the truck squatted about 2 inches ..... I will have more later and follow up with our visit to Ft Myers ... we do appreciate the feedback and suggestions ..... later Frank
    Last edited by frank4711; 02-07-2020 at 10:50 PM.
    Frank & Cindy --- S Class Solitude 2930RL-R ---2019 Ram 3500 Cummins 6.7 SRW 4x4 8' bed---Remi & Sage traveling Pomskies ---TST 507 TPMS ... B&W Patriot 18K---3.73 axle ... Predator 3500--Backflip MX4---48 days 2019---51 days camped 2020---***Payload 4394***

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great things went well for the most part. Sounds like the dealer is working well for you. After the winds and rain we all had the other day you should know if it is water tight for sure. Enjoy the 2930 it is a great floorplan.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like things are working out well to this point. Hope it continues. You have a great rig there!
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear it went well. Minor things are to be expected, but no show stoppers.

Congrats!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep for sure .... after you take it home is when the dealer shows there true colors ... so far good .... later Frank

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frank4711 View Post
    Hey Hey .... I am here .... went as expected and well enough to at least bring it home ..... dealer was prepared but missed a few things they should have spotted before I got there ... # 1 was a tweaked door on the nautilus.pass-thru side door was rubbing when I tried to close they agreed to replace frame and and both doors ... I asked that it be done at there location in Ft Myers which is 3 hours closer to my house they agreed ... anyone have a loud exhaust fan in there Microwave ?? this one is loud and Ft Myers will deal with this also ... bedroom door would not close without forcing it ... fixed .... one of 3 shower door sliders off track ... fixed .... tv not level - cords wrapped in back fixed ... tab lock on propane door missing replaced but tech put on wrong one would not tighten... fixed .... I will keep looking for anything else we take it down to Ft Myers Wed am next week so anything else we find will be added on ... the unit was up and running and we tested everything and the PDI tech was helpful and offered good answers to our questions .... using there Ft Myers location to complete the list is a big advantage .... once we agreed to use them I had a phone call and appointment within 30 minutes from there service adviser .... Knowing the industry and keeping my expectations in check the dealership was exceptional and I feel good about any future contact with them ... they served us lunch in there Cafe restaurant which they provide for all of there customers everyday .... the 2930RL is amazing and despite the PDI issues we are very happy .... on a side note took 5 hours to drive home winds were gusting to 35-40 mph so I used state roads at 55 mph max and took my time truck and camper handled great so glad we have a big strong truck .... when we hooked up did not have to change anything camper is level with 6-7 inched bed rail clearance and the truck squatted about 2 inches ..... I will have more later and follow up with our visit to Ft Myers ... we do appreciate the feedback and suggestions ..... later Frank
    Congratulations on the purchase. I apologize if you posted this information but have you taken the truck to the scales? Your Ram looks like mine, Laramie 4207, and I haven't yet but plan to soon with hitch, full fuel, just me and nothing else. I do have an aux tank, 51 gal with 46 usable, that will be full since I HOPE to to have the cargo capacity to be able to do so. Thanks
    2020 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW
    Solitude 320X sold
    2020 Raptor 356
    2012 Primetime Crusader 355BHQ (GF's)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chunker View Post
    Congratulations on the purchase. I apologize if you posted this information but have you taken the truck to the scales? Your Ram looks like mine, Laramie 4207, and I haven't yet but plan to soon with hitch, full fuel, just me and nothing else. I do have an aux tank, 51 gal with 46 usable, that will be full since I HOPE to to have the cargo capacity to be able to do so. Thanks
    Sure truck weights 8320 loaded wife 2 pups tank of diesel ... trip in 2 weeks new camper first stop will be Cat Scales .... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191213_123939 (2).jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	24782

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast