User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    70-72 MPH!? You're braver than me...but I live in a state where the towing MPH limit is 55. I'll do about 60-62

Had the WLakes on mine for over a year & 7K miles no problem, BUT sold 'em for a couple hundred & put Sailuns on. They balanced well & haven't had to add air. I run TPMS also. Heard/read too many stories about tread separation with the WL.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo1 View Post
    Where did that info come from? Im treating them that way anyway. Pulled the unloaded 351M home with 65-70 mph average. Arent the speed ratings based on the tire at full capacity load? Say 4050 lbs @ 110 psi per tire, then rated for 75 mph max sustained speed?? I usually pull in the 70-72 mph range depending on highway condition, and even with my stuff in the rv it will not have the tires at or near their rated load capacity....seems confusing

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    My service advisor at the dealer informed me of that when I asked. In addition, I found these details at eTrailer on the tire page.

https://www.etrailer.com/Tires-and-W...e/LHWL410.html

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just looked, on my WestLakes on the 2020 Reflection 295RL, they are load E and it says right on the tire 75MPH max speed. I agree with the 60-65 model for towing. We have 80 on interstates here, that is crazy for a trailer IMO.

I watch our TPMS pretty closely. On warm days the tires get up to 90+degrees when starting out 80psi cold. I think this is a reason for the failures of these tires. I have backed my cold pressure (morning 70 degree day) down to 70psi (tire says max load at 80psi, and we are not even close to max load). This makes a hot day about 80-85psi on the tires when we are rolling down the freeway in the afternoon.
    2015 Ford F350 6.7L TurboDiesel, Crew Cab, short bed SRW, 4x4, Lariat
    2021 Reflection 5th Wheel 337
    Pullrite Superglide hitch, TST507 TPMS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12