User Tag List

Thread: Ice Box

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ice Box

My manual say's not to use propane while towing that the frig will keep it cold for up to 8 hours, I find that hard to believe. Manual say's propane is a problem if in an accident, the tanks are on there anyway so what's the difference. Any thoughts.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there is an accident, a Major accident, Then there a possibility of a fire if the tanks are turned on. I always leave mine turned on, for the Fridge.
    But even then, it would have to be major, and there would not be anything left of it any way, so what is a fire going to do?
    And I have been leaving turned on for many years...Many Many years...
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by milehiaz View Post
    My manual say's not to use propane while towing that the frig will keep it cold for up to 8 hours, I find that hard to believe. Manual say's propane is a problem if in an accident, the tanks are on there anyway so what's the difference. Any thoughts.
    When I ran a rv fridge I would always leave it on while traveling. IMO the disclaimer is more about liability than anything else. Something happens then we told you not to do it.

Somewhere I think I have seen auto shut offs that will shut off the propane at the tank if a loss pressure happens such as a line getting ruptured.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just use the search function of the forum, this has been discussed numerous times.

Short answer, do what you are comfortable with. GD manual says not to leave it on, fridge manual eludes to the possibility of leaving it on while driving. Everyone has their own reasoning for what they do or wont do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by milehiaz View Post
    Here's a couple of worthwhile threads to read:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...r+temperatures

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post179812

Many of us do leave the propane running while traveling. But, be aware, there are places that this is illegal.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We run our refrigerator on propane each time we travel with no issues. We want to keep our food at the proper temperature. I am not confident that the refrigerator would keep food cold for eight hours especially on a summer day with temperatures in the 90’s when shut off.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.