User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Installing washer and dryer

I need information about how to install stackable washer and dryer in a Momentum 395M. There is a small bathroom in the garage. The rear side of the bathroom has plumbing for washer. On the left side wall there is a sticker that says “center line for dryer vent”. How do you install the dryer in the small space with the vent hose sticking out the back. Also, can someone recommend stackable units.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frank I moved your question to the Momentum section hoping you get some help from people in the same coach
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't address the momentum as I have a solitude, but it sounds like you have the same problem I did; vent in the side wall but it comes out the back of the dryer. There was no room to run the vent out the back and around the side... Just wasn't gonna happen.

So after much reading and even a call to GD when they said, "I don't know. We don't install washer/dryers." I got creative.

I cut a hole in the side of the dryer and ran the vent out the side. Everything was still so tight, I had the make all the connections through the hole from outside the RV. If you go that route, I would suggest measuring everything about ten times, sleep on it and measure again. It is very hard to get good reference locations inside and outside at the same time. One thing that was very helpful was that GD sent me production drawings for that section of wall, so I had a better understanding of what I was about to cut through. It was a monster of a job, but it got through it and it has worked out well... One other thing. Test your washer drain line before you install it. My drain was not hooked up inside the wall, so I flooded my bedroom and overhang the first time I test ran it. (Thanks GD &#129324.

We have the Splendide stackable. It's not what you are used to at home, but it works. It seems to be the most popular one out there if that means anything.

Hope all this helps and let me know if I can help further.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the information. I cringe thinking about drilling a vent hole on the side of my new Momentum. Have you heard of something called a bucket vent. Not sure how it might work. Thanks again.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are referring to a "ventless" or some way of not venting to the outside, I would strongly advise against that. The idea is to get the high moisture air out of the living space. In an RV, this is even more important as we have a moisture/humidity problem already. (Unless you're in the desert)

I feel your pain of not wanting to drill a four inch hole in the perfect wall...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I put my Washer dryer in, I installed the vent in the floor. Vents under the rig, you cannot see it from the outside...
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    When I put my Washer dryer in, I installed the vent in the floor. Vents under the rig, you cannot see it from the outside...
    I thought about that too. Mine is in the overhang and I was afraid to cut into the floor and find some structure I couldn't get through... I just looked at your floorplan and don't see we're you installed it?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roll With The Changes View Post
    I thought about that too. Mine is in the overhang and I was afraid to cut into the floor and find some structure I couldn't get through... I just looked at your floorplan and don't see we're you installed it?
    Well, it was a huge mod. Removed the Rear outside kitchen and the rear bunks. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0211.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	24741Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0214.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	24742Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191230_065310.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	24743
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks you guys. I now have something to think on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast