User Tag List

Thread: Brake Question

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brake Question

We are 5 weeks into our maiden voyage with our new 2020 2670mk trailer. Everything has been going great. My only issue so far is my brake controller has been working great and set and about 8 or 8.5. Today when I was moving to new campground I had to lower it to 1.5 anything higher than that and rear axle locks up. Nothing is dragging and nothing is hot when I stop and check them out. I have towed over 1700 miles so far and this is the first issue. Any ideas??
    2020 2670MK
    2019 F250 6.2 Gasser 4X4 3.73
    Blue Ox towing hitch
    New to everything here

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if you changed anything with the truck or had it serviced. I know mine has three settings for brakes. Also could be some type of electrical issue with the camper or umbilical cord causing more current now than was previously going to the brakes.
    The Adams - 2017 Reflection 367BHS, 2019 F-350 6.7L PSD 4x4 CC DRW, B&W hitch on Ford pucks, Air Lift Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate Plus air bags, "Rupert" the Weimaraner.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Change of friction co-efficiency of the roadway / driveway surface?
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target:

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update on my Brake issue. I took my trailer in General RV mid March. They tried to adjust brakes and on a test drive had the same issue with one brake locking up randomly while braking. They told me they were going to try to get Grand Design to replace them under warranty. This is also about the time the Covid 19 virus started to be an issue. My dealership shut down for a few weeks. Latest info is Grand Design has approved replacing all 4 brakes under warranty. My hope is that will be done soon. My trailer has been held hostage at the dealer for over 7 weeks at this point.
    2020 2670MK
    2019 F250 6.2 Gasser 4X4 3.73
    Blue Ox towing hitch
    New to everything here