User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Price for a 2020 xls 22rbe?

Hey all, I'm looking at a 22rbe. We're in California and the dealership has it listed 32914, and priced at 25k including the fees. This sound priced right? I might make a cash deal as well, maybe a better deal if cash? Ideas?

Thanks
    Chris

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most dealers get a kick back on financing so they would rather finance than take cash. However you can use that to your advantage when negotiating. The last car I bought I got an additional $1000 rebate for financing. The catch was that I had to carry the financing for 3 months. Now let's say the price was $30,000 and payments were $1,000 a month. The first month I pay $28,000 so I won't be paying interest on the entire amount and then make my next 2 payments to close the loan.
    Norb
    Upstate NY
    2020 Imagine 2800BH
    2013 Keystone Bullet 23BHS
    2015 Sportcraft AR-ONE 25BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nrbsrsr View Post
    Most dealers get a kick back on financing so they would rather finance than take cash. However you can use that to your advantage when negotiating. The last car I bought I got an additional $1000 rebate for financing. The catch was that I had to carry the financing for 3 months. Now let's say the price was $30,000 and payments were $1,000 a month. The first month I pay $28,000 so I won't be paying interest on the entire amount and then make my next 2 payments to close the loan.
    yep. Just bought my pickup, and they said they'd give me a 500 rebate for financing. I decided against it, and wrote them a check. That's another thing about finance, you don't know if you're getting screwed out of percentage points on the loan. Example, I sent a offer to finance the loan online and received a quote of 9 percent. I laughed at the guy, I told him my credit score is almost 800 with no debt. HAHA.

Chris

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are looking at the same trailer here in washington even though no one has one on their lot so we will have to order one. We have been quoted pricing anywhere from $25,995-$29,300 without the fees but are hoping for a better deal. I will be emailing 4-5 dealerships to get a price on the trailer & any additional items we want added on in the next month and see who comes back with the best price. The price you posted is about 25% off MSRP which from what i'm reading is what you can expect if you do your homework. This will be our first TT, so i'm learning the game as we go! Might find a better deal might not, but if your comfortable with it, that's all that matters IMO!
    Jason & Jamie
    2016 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4, 5.0L, 3.55
    2020 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    The Great PNW!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitsman3 View Post
    We are looking at the same trailer here in washington even though no one has one on their lot so we will have to order one. We have been quoted pricing anywhere from $25,995-$29,300 without the fees but are hoping for a better deal. I will be emailing 4-5 dealerships to get a price on the trailer & any additional items we want added on in the next month and see who comes back with the best price. The price you posted is about 25% off MSRP which from what i'm reading is what you can expect if you do your homework. This will be our first TT, so i'm learning the game as we go! Might find a better deal might not, but if your comfortable with it, that's all that matters IMO!
    Thanks hitman. Yeah, they charge 695 for the pdi, and he forgot to add after he gave me the price.. so, he said he would waive the fee. I was hoping for a little better price, but it's a fair deal I guess.. and this dealership is only a half hour away.
    Chris

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experience is that getting 30% off msrp is not hard to achieve, just make sure you know where they and you are getting the msrp from because many dealerships simply make it up. Search the manufacturers website for correct or call them with the exact model, etc info and ask for the msrp. Good luck.
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard of a PDI fee.

I'm guessing the west coast is different from the east coast. In GA I just bought a 2600rb at 29% off msrp and no fees for anything. I didn't even have to negotiate for the 29%. I knew I wanted in the 25% - 30% range. I emailed a dealer that was a 2 hour drive away and asked for a quote. Later that day the 29% off quote was sitting in my inbox.

29% off + slide awning + equalizer hitch + brake controller + taxes and a $21 dollar title fee. They did offer me an extended warranty but I declined. They called the PDI a free training class on how to use your new TT/RV. It was a pretty decent "class" but it was also a good PDI.

Very pleasant experience all around.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never heard of a PDI fee.
    Should I ever hear that from a dealer it would be the last conversation I would have with that dealer. It tells volumes about any future overcharges they might impose for warranty or repair work.

JMO,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also don't let where the dealer is located have any influence on your decision. There was a GD dealer an hour from my house but they seemed very disorganized and the one quote I got from them was 21% below msrp. The dealer I bought from was 2 hours from the house. Yea it'll be a bit more of an inconvenience when I have to take the TT back to them but I feel they were way more organized.