User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
    Trading a 2088BH in for a 2670Mk and will pick it up 2-15-20. I think you made an excellent choice in a TT. Since we've had the 2800BH for 2.5 yrs, all I'll really need to do is upgrade my EMS to a Progressive Industries 50 amp protector. We glamp in Indiana State parks, so a generator isn't required. Security hasn't been an issue so far (knock on wood). Campers still seem to respect the property of others.
    We are really, really excited. I've never towed anything before so a little worried about my first experience towing, and I live in a highly populated area, so add that to the mix. But we love the layout and can't wait for it to be delivered.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 2670MK that we tow with a Tundra SR5 half ton with tow package and we love it. We have the Equalizer WD hitch with the 1000 lb. bars and it works well. We just got our trailer last year so I still have a little adjusting to do with the trailer. Don't depend on your dealer to set it up properly because they won't since it won't be loaded for camping. Our best addition so far has been a cellular booster so that I can work while camping. When I have an extra 3K I will go with the ProPride 3 hitch. With the refrigerator and kitchen in the rear of the unit people have complained about sway issues. We really haven't experienced any issues yet but I like the security of the PP3 hitch. We went with the recliners and the dinette because it is generally just the wife and I but we carry an Aerobed just in case. Have fun with your new rig. You will love it.
    Chuck & Robin, LuLu and Georgie
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    2019 2670MK
    5.7 Toyota Tundra TRD with Towing Package
    TRD sway bar & Firestone air bags

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cforman61 View Post
    We have a 2019 2670MK that we tow with a Tundra SR5 half ton with tow package and we love it. We have the Equalizer WD hitch with the 1000 lb. bars and it works well. We just got our trailer last year so I still have a little adjusting to do with the trailer. Don't depend on your dealer to set it up properly because they won't since it won't be loaded for camping. Our best addition so far has been a cellular booster so that I can work while camping. When I have an extra 3K I will go with the ProPride 3 hitch. With the refrigerator and kitchen in the rear of the unit people have complained about sway issues. We really haven't experienced any issues yet but I like the security of the PP3 hitch. We went with the recliners and the dinette because it is generally just the wife and I but we carry an Aerobed just in case. Have fun with your new rig. You will love it.
    Awesome, glad to hear you tow it with a half-ton truck. I hope my Silverado handles it just as well as your Tundra. I'm worried about that the most, but I'm still pretty well under my capacities. I've never heard of the PP3 hitch, will look it up now. I forget what setup they said they'd install at the dealer but I know they said it was like $800. We got the dinette booth and the couch because we want to have people come sleep with us, but I'd rather have the 2 recliners to be honest.
    Ed & Kaitlin
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    2018 F350 SD Platinum FX4 Crew Cab Short Bed SRW, 55 Gallon Titan Tank, Air Lift 5000.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EddieK82 View Post
    Awesome, glad to hear you tow it with a half-ton truck. I hope my Silverado handles it just as well as your Tundra. I'm worried about that the most, but I'm still pretty well under my capacities. I've never heard of the PP3 hitch, will look it up now. I forget what setup they said they'd install at the dealer but I know they said it was like $800. We got the dinette booth and the couch because we want to have people come sleep with us, but I'd rather have the 2 recliners to be honest.
    The Tundra is plenty capable and I tow in the mountains. I would like to have a 3/4 ton but Toyota doesn't make one yet so I will stick with my Tundra for now. It's a great truck and with the towing package, integrated braking system and air bags it is plenty capable. I might change out the brakes this year to some Sure Stop's or something similar just because of the mountain towing I do. If the WD hitch they are installing is $800.00 it is probably an Equalizer hitch or something similar. Just plan on spending some time in an empty parking lot, after you have loaded the camper the way you will normally tow it, and take your time calibrating the WD hitch system. We like the recliners especially in the morning with the fireplace going and a hot cup of coffee while watching the morning news. Like I said we have the booth dinette that can be set up for kids to sleep on and if another couple goes we just break out the Aerobed. Have fun with the new rig.
    Chuck & Robin, LuLu and Georgie
    Highlands Ranch, CO
    2019 2670MK
    5.7 Toyota Tundra TRD with Towing Package
    TRD sway bar & Firestone air bags

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also have 30 amp service with an outside outlet installed at your house by a licensed electrician for less than 500 parts and labor. I’ve done it twice. That way you can run your AC if needed while in your rv doing PM or upgrades, etc or if your spouse kicks you out for the night. ☺️
    Dave and Sue Dion
    SCPO(SW), USN, (Ret)
    2020 GD Imagine 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L,1823 payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulation...for sure call and have a second a/c put in by the factory...our new 2020 2970RL an added a/c wwill not be ducted or have a wall thermostate...our 2970 is a 50 amp model but was missed when made and we allowed dealer to put in big mistake...so our advise os have the factory put in you wont be sorry you did it..Mary Ellen 2020 2970

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the new trailer! We traded in our old Jayco for a 2670mk a few months ago and we love it. It is very comfortable to camp in and tows surprisingly well. It sits much lower on the chassis than our old trailer and has a more aerodynamic design which means that although it weighs almost 2000lbs more I actually get better gas mileage towing. As others have stated this particular model has a little bit of a problem with being to light on the tongue weight which can cause it to sway at times. I have found that keeping the speed under 65 helps. It also tows better if I load some heavier stuff in the front storage and travel with the fresh water 1/3 full. This puts the trailer close to the 12.5% ideal tongue weight without going over the 1000lb limitation of my Equalizer hitch.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your imagine. We love our 2670 mk and it is the best floor plan we have found to fit our needs. We had 10 people in jt last year when it was raining with two dogs! You will love it.

2020 Imagine 2670MK
    2020 Solitude 380FL
    2020 Imagine 2670 MK
    2020 Solitude 380FL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats. We ordered a 2670mk which should arrive the last week of February. Awesome floor plan.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2970RL and tow it with a 3/4 ton 2500HD diesel. I believe a 1/2 ton can do the job, but just barely. We use a Champion 3400 (Gas) /3100 (Propane) as necessary using 2 deep cycle batteries. Plan to add solar sometime in the next couple of years with 1200 watts of panels and 4 battle born 100 amp hour batteries. The Imagine trailers are really nice, but lack internal storage and the Nautilus docking station sucks. External storage is excellent due to the drop frame. So far we have had 2 minor issues in the 6 months we have used the rig. Next season will tell the tale as we are booked from April thru October and will be on the road about 2,500 miles.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast